Galleria dell'Accademia hotels
Accademia di Belle Arti
The Accademia di Belle Arti is an art academy and one of Florence's finest museums. It is best known for housing the original Michelangelo sculpture, "David." The school was founded by Cosimo I de Medici in 1563 as Europe's first academy of drawing. The Accademia di Belle Arti acquired Michaelagelo's famous sculpture in 1873, upon its removal from a Florence public square to protect it from the elements. Eventually, a separate room was built for the statue, which is the venue's main draw. The Accademia di Belle Arti also exhibits many Renaissance paintings and a partially completed Michelangelo marble sculpture.
- See the Accademia di Belle Arti's crowning jewel, Michelangelo's iconic statue of David, which is housed in its own tribuna, where guests may admire the masterpiece from all angles.
- Visit the Florence Accademia's delightful Museum of Musical Instruments, which displays common and unusual instruments that were used in centuries past, such as a bimbonifono hybrid trombone.
- Browse the Accademia's di Belle Arti Gallery, which contains some of Florence's most exquisite Renaissance paintings from artists such as Paolo Uccello, Sandro Botticelli and Andrea del Sarto.
The Peretola Airport is a small facility with limited routes that serves Florence, Italy. The closest larger airport is located in Milan, approximately 250 kilometres away. Some travellers choose to fly into Milan, and then utilize the frequent train service into Florence. Several train stations in Florence connect the city centre to other major destinations within Italy. Within Florence, the public transportation system consists of city buses and taxis. Central Florence, where the Accademia di Belle Arti is located, is easily accessible by walking. Since the museum is not extremely large, guests may take their time exploring its many exhibits.
Offering a favourable location and a relaxing atmosphere, Plus Florence Hostel Florence is just the place to stay in Italy. Piazza Della Signoria, Bargello National Museum and Basilica of Santa... More
Housed in an early 19th-century building, Orto De' Medici Hotel Florence makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to discover the Renaissance-era wonders of Florence. This elegant hotel... More
Boasting a tranquil ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralGuests travelling on business purpose can make use of... More
The historic 13th century palazzo housing the Atlantic Palace Hotel has matured elegantly over time while preserving its original structures and environments. Enhanced by a skilful restoration... More
Set amidst Renaissance architectures and top tourists spots, Firenze Number Nine Hotel affords travellers with a stylish boutique hotel in the heritage-rich Tuscany capital. While in Florence,... More
a gem of a hotel and a delightful stay to revisit
Experience the characteristic Florentine style of the Machiavelli Palace Hotel Florence and the enchanting city together that will make travellers' stay an unforgettable one. GeneralThere is also... More
Fantastic location and service
Offering cosy accommodation and convenient facilities, this friendly and family run hotel is kept in very good condition to maintain the high standards it has always set. GeneralThe lobby or... More
Pleasantly Surprised by Florence hotel
A nineteenth century palazzo signorile, perfectly restored, and furnished in style and elegance, Hotel De La Pace Florence offers you excellent accommodation to reside. GeneralThis hotel offers... More
Housed in a 19th-century neoclassical palace, Room Mate Luca offers chic accommodations in vibrant colours in the heart of Florence. This stylish hotel is within convenience distance of famous art... More
Room Mate Luca was Awesome!!! Great first visit
Refine your search
- Museo di San Marco hotels
- Piazza San Marco hotels
- Gallery Of The Academy hotels
- Basilica di Santa Croce hotels
- Mercato Centrale hotels
- Laurentian Library (Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana) hotels
- Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo) hotels
- Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore hotels
- Medici Chapels (Cappelle Medicee) hotels
- Basilica di San Lorenzo hotels
- Piazza del Duomo hotels
- Giotto's Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto) hotels