Basilica di San Lorenzo hotels
Basilica di San Lorenzo
The Basilica di San Lorenzo is a large church that is situated in the main market district of Florence, Italy. The church was consecrated in the 4th century, making it one of the oldest churches in all of Florence. The church has gone through many changes over the years and eventually became the burial place of the principal members of the Medici family of Florence. Along with its ancient history, the Basilica di San Lorenzo is mostly known for its stunning Renaissance architecture, including the internal façade, much of which was designed by Michelangelo.
- Visit the Old Sacristy, the oldest part of the church, and see the ancient tombs of several members of the Medici family, as well as the sphere and cube designed by Brunelleschi.
- Walk down the north aisle of the Basilica di San Lorenzo to see the spectacular The Martyrdom of St Lawrence, a fresco that was painted by Florence master Agnolo di Cosimo.
- Stand at the nave and look back at the entrances to the church to see the portion of the internal façade designed by Michelangelo in 16th century Florence.
One of the best ways to see the Basilica di San Lorenzo is to take a guided historical tour of Florence. This way, you can learn about more of the historic structures and their cultural importance to the city of Florence from an expert guide. If you are using public transport, you should take bus 7, 10, 11, 25, 31, or 32, which will drop you off at or near the entrance to the Basilica di San Lorenzo. There is very little parking nearby, so it is best to use public transport or walk there.
Piazza Stazione, 10 Map
FREE Wi-Fi - 2 Chd max 3th year FREE
The Style Florence is a lavish property featuring stylish rooms and state-of-the-art facilities set near the heart of the city. This Florence hotel places corporate travellers within short distance... More
Comfortable bussiness trip
Set amidst Renaissance architectures and top tourists spots, Firenze Number Nine Hotel affords travellers with a stylish boutique hotel in the heritage-rich Tuscany capital. While in Florence,... More
a gem of a hotel and a delightful stay to revisit
Offering a favourable location and a relaxing atmosphere, Plus Florence Hostel Florence is just the place to stay in Italy. Piazza Della Signoria, Bargello National Museum and Basilica of Santa... More
Housed in an early 19th-century building, Orto De' Medici Hotel Florence makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to discover the Renaissance-era wonders of Florence. This elegant hotel... More
Housed in a 19th-century neoclassical palace, Room Mate Luca offers chic accommodations in vibrant colours in the heart of Florence. This stylish hotel is within convenience distance of famous art... More
Room Mate Luca was Awesome!!! Great first visit
Via Porta Rossa,19 Map
Booking in advance and save 15%
This property provides you all the modern facilities and conveniences for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. GeneralThe hotel also offers a lobby, which is an ideal place to simply sit back and... More
Great stay in Florence
The historic 13th century palazzo housing the Atlantic Palace Hotel has matured elegantly over time while preserving its original structures and environments. Enhanced by a skilful restoration... More
Combining elegance and modernity along with friendly staff, this property offers every comfort for a pleasant stay in the downtown. GeneralThe common areas, as well as the rooms, are warm and... More
Very good value
Experience the characteristic Florentine style of the Machiavelli Palace Hotel Florence and the enchanting city together that will make travellers' stay an unforgettable one. GeneralThere is also... More
Fantastic location and service
This three-star hotel has all the necessary technical equipment and amenities to guarantee the client's comfort and attention. GeneralThe lobby is an ideal place for guests to relax or meet... More
Refine your search
- Medici Chapels (Cappelle Medicee) hotels
- Mercato Centrale hotels
- Laurentian Library (Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana) hotels
- Church of Santa Maria Novella hotels
- Piazza del Duomo hotels
- Giotto's Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto) hotels
- Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore hotels
- Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo) hotels
- Santa Maria Novella Train station hotels
- Centro Storico hotels
- Piazza della Repubblica hotels
- Galleria dell'Accademia hotels