Dublin Castle hotels
Ireland has long held the fascination of romantics and history buffs around the world, with a long-standing tradition of poetry and prose, myths and legends, and magnificent castles. Irish castles truly put a crown on the world’s collection of historic sites and palaces, with the capital, Dublin, as no exception to this rule. The Dublin Castle is a popular destination for visitors who want to discover Ireland’s medieval architecture, wander the ornate halls, and learn about Irish royal history. The edifice today stands as a relic to the initial construction following the Norman invasion of Ireland in the 12th century.
- Visit the Record Tower of the Dublin Castle at the archaeological remains of the last standing, original 12th century castle, and enjoy the captivating medieval ambiance that once served to administer justice and protect Ireland’s royal treasury.
- Discover the incredible Gothic revival architecture that adorns the historic Dublin church called the Chapel Royal. The crypt is now home to many arts events exhibitions.
- Explore the grand halls of the castle some of which are still used today for State events in Dublin, like the ornate Throne Room, the architectural State Corridor, and the breathtaking Saint Patrick’s Hall.
The Dublin Castle is located directly in the heart of the city. From Parliament Square, the castle is a few blocks east on Dame Street. Since the site is not only located in the centre of Dublin, but is a popular attraction and put to practical State use, there are many buses that you can take to drop you off in the vicinity. The busstops you should pay attention to are called Lord Edward Street, Dame Street, and George’s Street. Taxi drivers are quite familiar with the site, so they are also an excellent choice.
The Harding Hotel enjoys an excellent location in the heart of the city centre. Situated in the medieval quarter of the city, the hotel is on the doorstep of historical attractions such as Dublin... More
Christchurch Place Map
Special Advance Purchase Rate
Jurys Inn Christchurch Dublin provides quality accommodation and personalised service to make guest's stay memorable. One of the must see attraction is the Dublin City Hall, an interesting... More
NIce hotel near shopping and rest
Refine your search
- The Garda Museum hotels
- City Hall, Dublin hotels
- Royal Exchange hotels
- Chester Beatty Library hotels
- Old Library and Book of Kells hotels
- Fishamble Street hotels
- Olympia Theatre hotels
- Christ Church Cathedral hotels
- Meeting House Square hotels
- Dame Street hotels
- The Project Arts Centre hotels
- Betty Newman Sculpture hotels