Blarney is a town and town land in the County Cork of Ireland. This town is best known for Blarney Castle, home of the famous Blarney Stone. This area is both scenic and full of history and culture and is a fantastic place for a holiday. This idyllic town lies just eight kilometres from Cork and is a fantastic place to spend the day basking in Irish culture and beautiful scenery. This area is highly dependent on tourism and as such there are a number of excellent places visitors can go for fun whilst in the town.
- Blarney Castle and the Blarney Stone — why visit a legendary spot without seeing the legend? This castle dates from before 1200 and is home to the Blarney Stone. Those that kiss it are said to be given the “gift of gab” or persuasion.
- Blarney Woolen Mills — this mill in County Cork is now a gift shop but was once a fully operational mill that made tweeds and other woolen fabrics.
- The Square — this grassy field in the centre of Blarney is where locals and tourists alike meet in the summer months to enjoy the weather and atmosphere.
The town used to have its own narrow gauge railway but it was shut down in 1934. The best way to get to Blarney now is to fly into Cork Airport and then take the 215 bus, which runs every half hour from Mahon Point via the Cork City Center. Visitors can also take the number 235 bus, which runs from Cork City with a bit less frequency. If bussing is not appealing, visitors may want to take a taxi or hired car from the airport to their final destination.
Tower, Blarney, Co. Map
Free Car Parking and use of Leisure Centre
Assuring comfortable accommodation blended with quality service, this hotel makes you to enjoy all the privileges for an unforgettable stay. GeneralEach on-site meeting room is equipped with the... More
Located in the picturesque village of Blarney, the Blarney Woolen Mills Hotel Cork is the perfect place for a relaxing vacation, and is also just minutes away from the centre of Cork. Guests... More
Refine your search
- Fitzgeralds Park hotels
- Cork City Gaol hotels
- Cork Greyhound Stadium hotels
- River Lee hotels
- Cathedral of St Mary and St Anne hotels
- Church of St Anne hotels
- Grand Parade hotels
- Bishop Lucey Park hotels
- University College Cork hotels
- Lewis Glucksman Gallery hotels
- Cork Opera House hotels
- Crawford Art Gallery hotels