Lombok Island hotels
Looking for a holiday destination that is as laid back as it is adventurous? That is surrounded by sublime natural beauty with relatively few tourists? That is as relaxing by day as it is pumping at night? You may think it’s impossible. But only if you’ve never been to Lombok. A tropical paradise that lives up to its reputation as an unspoiled Bali, Lombok is one of Indonesia’s true slices of heaven.
Whether you’re scuba diving off the coast of Lombok’s Gili Islands, trekking on the mighty volcano Gunung Rinjani, hanging out down on Kuta Beach, or letting go with a luxurious traditional massage on the beaches at Senggigi, when you are in Lombok you will truly be a Lord (or Lady) of leisure!
Lombok’s Top 10
10. Tanjung A’an A beautiful area near Kuta Beach. Enjoy a walk on the unique pepper-like sand while drinking from a coconut.
5. Taman Narmada If trekking up a monstrous volcano isn’t really your thing, check out this miniature replica, take photos and then claim you were a really long way away!
9. Narmada Water Park A Hindu temple and swimming pool all in one. It is also home to a Fountain of Youth, which is always a plus.
4. Pura Batu Bolong Come watch crabs scuttle over the statues at this temple by the sea.
8. Pura Lingsar This temple complex built in 1714 is known as the holiest place in Lombok.
3. Museum Negeri Nusa Tenggara Barat This modern museum is as interesting inside as it is difficult to pronounce to your cab driver.
7. Air Terjun Sindang Gila Meaning ‘slightly crazy waterfalls’, these cascades are definitely mad – and the most-visited in Lombok.
2. Senggigi Party central! Stumble your way through the numerous bars and enjoy the local tuak (palm wine) while watching some ‘seksi dancers’!
6. Mayura Water Palace From housing royalty to a bloody battle, this now-pleasant retreat has seen it all.
1. Pura Meru Lombok’s largest temple, the enormous wooden drums played at ceremonies will send shivers down your spine.
- Pura Lingsar – Built in 1714, this is a large temple complex and the holiest place in the town.
- Pura Meru – The largest temple in the area, it contains a hall full of wooden drums used to call people to ceremonies.
- Mayura Water Palace – The palace is a pleasant retreat that contains a pavilion, artificial lake and many footpaths.
- Pura Batu Bolong – A small temple situated along the volcanic outcrops that stretch over the sea.
- Bayan Old Mosque – This mosque was built when travellers from Islam arrived some time in the 16th century.
Lombok Art & Culture
- Museum Negeri Nusa Tenggara Barat – Learn about the history, geology and culture of Lombock at this museum.
- Sukarare – Visit this village to learn about the local weaving and handicraft process.
- Banyumulek Village – Learn how to make the clay pots that are used in daily life.
- Rambitan – A traditional sasak village that shows the unique way of life followed by the natives.
- Senaru Traditional Village – A village that shows life in the mountain tribe.
- Asmara collection – A store that contains furniture, tribal art and weavings.
- Bertais Market – The largest daily market that sells vegetables, fresh fruit, rice, herbs, fish and local artefacts.
- Mataram Mall – A shopping mall with clothes stores, electrical goods, food stalls and a supermarket.
- Lombok Handicraft Centre – Offers a range of crafts from the surrounding area and eastern Indonesia.
- Selamat Riady – A store that offers ikat, traditional Indonesian weaving and other textiles from Sumba, Flores and Lombok.
Gay & Lesbian Lombok
- Magellan Resorts – Gay-managed resort that hand-selects accommodations based on each individual’s requirements.
- New Marina Bar – The clientele each night is normally 40 percent gay.
- Bumbu Café – Gay-owned and very gay-friendly café that has excellent food and drag shows on Friday night.
- De Quake – Gay-managed lounge and restaurant with stunning views.
- Quinci Villas – Gay-friendly and gay-managed complex that contains 20 different villas.
- Tanjung A’an – Located near Kuta Beach, the sand looks like pepper.
- Narmada Water Park – Park contains a swimming pool and water fountain called the “Youth Fountain”.
- Air Terjun Tiu Kelep – Waterfall that can be reached by following a bush track from the Narmada Water Park.
- Pusuk Pass – A pass found at 403 metres above sea level that offers spectacular views.
- Gili Islands – Spend the day sunbathing, snorkelling, surfing or exploring ay one of the three Gili Islands.
- Spend a day being indulged with massages and other treatments at the Giri Loka Spa.
- Go over to Gili Island to experience some excellent snorkelling or scuba diving.
- Rent a bicycle and explore the rural areas around Lombok.
- Take a day and climb up Mount Rinjani and enjoy the view from the top.
- Play a round of golf at one of the many golf courses.
February sees a firecracker of a party for Chinese New Year.
Lombok’s most famous and fascinating ritual, the Bau Nyale Festival, takes place in March when thousands of colourful sea worms are washed ashore. More fun than it sounds…
Like Eurovision on a very small and less gaudy scale, April’s Gendang Beleq Festival sees each village send a traditional musical troupe to compete.
The ever-popular annual Stick Fighting Festival in Senggigi is when the strongest and most agile of Lombok’s men compete with… sticks. Don’t try this at home!
A uniquely Lombok event, the Takbir Parade in October celebrates the end of Ramadan.
When To Go
Lombok is hot and humid all year round, with the best weather coinciding with peak tourist season from May to August. Funny that!
To miss the crowds, late-August and September is the time to go. The weather is still nice, and the beaches are all yours!
Lombok’s rainy season lasts from October to April. However, the island is far drier than neighbouring Bali during this time.
Lombok has a plethora of travel options, but the main means of transit is the bemo (which is basically a converted minivan).
Taxis are common and relatively cheap. For a thrill ride, hop on the back of an ojek (motorbike taxi).
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
Mandalika Resort Map
Rate includes breakfast & more
The Novotel Resort Lombok, a resort hotel, gives a peaceful and rejuvenating experience to its clientele with its pristine and amazing beaches nearby. This hotel was constructed in the fashion of... More
Perfect place to stay in the heart of Kowloon
Travel away from the bustle of city living and enjoy a relaxing beach escape at the luxurious accommodations and top-notch facilities of Hotel Ombak Sunset Lombok. Aside from enjoying various water... More
2010, Gili Trawangan Map
Stay 7 Nights & Get FREE Hatten Wine (1 Bottle)
Vila Ombak Hotel Lombok is the first international hotel on the north western coast of Gili Trawangan, in the exotic tropical island of Lombok. The hotel prides itself on the Sasak architecture,... More
Enjoyed our stay
Puri Mas Boutique Resorts & Spa Lombok offers quality accommodations for enjoyable vacations. Featuring specially designed architecture with quality amenities, this property offers warm... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Holiday Resort welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThe swimming pool, surrounded by landscaped garden, the spa, and a comfortable... More
Qunci Villas is the Boutique Hotel of Lombok, offering peace and tranquility in a stylish setting.Qunci Villas' spacious rooms are all located on beautifully landscaped beachfront property and... More
Jalan Raya Senggigi Km 4 Map
Book Now & Save 40%
Offering expected facilities and comforts, this modern style property is an ideal place for a pleasant as well as a relaxing stay. GeneralThis hotel comprises of 5 well-appointed meeting rooms,... More
The Santosa Villas & Resorts Lombok welcomes guests into a tropical garden ideal for a retreat from the city's hustle and bustle. It is close to beaches and the majestic mountainous terrain... More
What a let down resort!!
Jl. Dusun Pandanan Pelangan KM51 Map
Book Now & Save 25%
Cocotinos Sekotong Lombok welcomes discerning holidaymakers to deluxe beachfront accommodations set amidst coconut trees on the coast of Sekotong Bay. This boutique Lombok resort provides guests an... More