Bukit Tinggi History
- Rumah Tuo Kampai Nan Panjang – This house was built during the Dutch colonial era and allows visitors to see Indonesian architecture from the past.
- King Palace – This historic building showcases the ancient architecture of Bukit Tinggi.
- Mesjid Tuo Belimbing – This ancient religious site is an important place of worship for the people of Bukit Tinggi.
- Jam Gadang – This historic clock tower is the centerpiece of the market square and is famous for its horn-shaped roof.
- Lobang Jepang – These underground bunkers were built by the Japanese during World War II and are popular attractions.
Bukit Tinggi Art & Culture
- Rumah Gadang – This museum was built in the 19th century and presents shows every Sunday.
- Taman Hutan Raya Bung Hatta – This popular garden resort is a great way to learn about the flora and fauna in the area.
- Pandai Sikat – This small village near Bukit Tinggi is famous for its hand-woven cloth and wooden furniture.
- Matur – Small village that overlooks Lake Maninjau and is famous for its local dance shows.
- Rimba Panti Nature Reserve – The largest flower in the world, which blooms only once a year, is featured at this reserve.
Bukit Tinggi Shopping
- Market Square – Located at the center of Bukit Tinggi and has an array of local stalls and handicrafts.
- Payakumbuh – Village just outside of Bukit Tinggi that is known for its handmade baskets.
- Bukit Tinggi Shopping Center – Has a wide variety of clothing and jewellery stores, as well as an intriguing food court.
- Pasar Wisata – This indoor market is one of the best places in the city to buy souvenirs and gifts.
- Pasar Atas – This outdoor market sells various types of handicrafts, gifts and souvenirs.
Gay & Lesbian Bukit Tinggi
- Ambun Suri Hotel – This gay-friendly hotel is near the clock tower and offers unique rooms.
- Taman Kota – The town square is one of the best places in Bukit Tinggi to meet new people.
- Hotel Novotel – This gay-friendly hotel is a favorite among young gay travelers.
- Bumi Minang – This bar outside of Bukit Tinggi is a favorite among gay men, especially on Saturday nights.
- Grand Malino – This gay-friendly hotel is within walking distance of the major attractions in the city.
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!