One of the foremost party destinations in all of Europe, Mykonos is virtually synonymous with some of the best straight and gay nightlife in the world. Like other notable club culture islands Ibiza, Gran Canaria and Ios, the itinerary of a typical Mykonos visitor is predictable: beach by day, clubs by night. Throughout the summer season the Cyclades gem is awash with affluent jetsetters, budget backpackers and every demographic in between. They all come for the same reasons however. Sun, sun and more sun and the chance to blend and cavort with people from all over the world.
If you want to engage in less superficial pleasures, Mykonos is not entirely devoid of culture. The Delos Archaeological Site is on a small island 2 km off the coast and represents one of the best in Greece. The Church of Panagia Paraportiani is a nice find in the Kastro neighborhood and dates back to the 15th century. A casual stroll through the narrow streets of the Chora district is always good fun as well.
- The Windmills – Constructed in the 16th century, these windmills are among Mykonos’ most recognized landmarks.
- Little Venice – A district famous for its medieval houses.
- Panagia Paraportiani – A Byzantine church dating back to 1425, it is one of the most photographed churches in Mykonos.
- Archaeological Museum of Mykonos – This museum comprises a large number of artefacts from the prehistoric to the Hellenistic period.
- Moni Panagias Tourlianis – Built in the 6th century, this monastery boasts a striking marble bell tower.
Mykonos Art & Culture
- Folklore Museum – Housed in an ancient sea captain's house, this museum is home to amazing collections and open from April to October.
- Lena's House Museum – An authentic 19th-century Mykonian house filled with traditional furnishings and open from April to October.
- Aegean Maritime Museum – This Mykonos museum houses a selection of nautical instruments and age-old vessels. The museum is open from April to October.
- Agricultural Museum – This museum of traditional agricultural tools is open from April to October.
- Boni Mill – Open from June to September, this 16th-century windmill overlooking the town is fully functional.
- Matogianni Street – The main shopping street in Mykonos is home to an extensive selection of shops.
- Plateia Alefkandra – The streets in this area are home to many unique shops of interest to tourists.
- Enoplon Dynameon – This region is where tourists can find a whole manner of shops selling a variety of personal goods and potential holiday souvenirs.
- The Gold Market – Located at the entrance to Hora, this popular shopping destination is where hidden gems can be found.
- Soho-Soho – The most well-known clothes store on the island.
Gay & Lesbian Mykonos
- Paradiso – A very developed, lively beach surrounded by bars playing loud music.
- Super Paradiso – A beach popular with male gay nudists.
- Mykonos Gay Film Festival – Held at the end of September or start of October, this festival is a must for movie fanatics.
- Mykonos Gay Festival – Held at the end of August, this festival comprises many beach-based parties.
- Babylon – A gay-friendly club with a lively ambiance and excellent dance music.
- Agios Ioannis – A small beach with snorkelling opportunities.
- Agios Stefanos – A well-developed sandy beach popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Delos – Take a boat to this small uninhabited island renowned for its archaeological sites.
- Plateia Mantos Mavroyenous – Stroll around this Mykonos square in the sunshine.
- Tria Pigadia (Three Wells) – A famous watering spot.
- Visit the Mykonos Diving Centre at Paradise Beach and watch the divers in action.
- Watch the professionals instruct at the Psarou Diving Centre in Mykonos town.
- Watch the Mykonos F.C. play at their home ground.
- Take a trip to Agios Stefanos Beach to catch a game of volleyball.
- Enjoy witnessing wild water sports at the Megali Ammos Beach.
- Church of Panagia Paraportiani
- Delos Archaeological Site
- Little Venice District
- Aegean Maritime Museum
- Psarou Beach
- Greek Orthodox Easter
- Feast of the Assumption
- Festival of Short Films
- Aqua Taverna
- Chez Catrine
- Sea Satin Market
- Tropicana Bar
- Sunrise Bar
- Paradise Club
- Cavo Paradiso
Weather-wise at least, Mykonos is no different from any other sun-washed Aegean island, with idyllic summer conditions.
- Winter (December to February) 5-14°C
- Spring (March to April) 7-19°C
- Summer (May to September) 15-31°C
- Fall (October to November) 10-23°C
82 hotels in Mykonos,
Set amid the bustling Mykonos Chora, Semeli Hotel Mykonos allows guests to feel the charm of the historic city with its Cycladic architectural style and character. The on-site spa offers treatments... More
Vacationers looking for romantic and luxurious accommodations in the popular destination of Cyclades in Greece find suitable base at Bill & Coo Suite & Lounge Mykonos Hotel. Visitors at the... More
The recently renovated Mykonos Bay Hotel is the ideal place to commence your summer holidays in the island of winds, Mykonos. Situated right on Megali Ammos beach, in close proximity of Mykonos... More
Presenting tranquil ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for a pleasant as well as a relaxing stay. GeneralRecreational facilities such as the gymnasium, sauna... More
An elegant residence in an ideal location. Enjoy beach life just a footstep away from the cosmopolitan town of Mykonos. Designed in style, promises you a memorable holiday and lavish hospitality.... More
Mykonos Town Map
Travellers looking to explore the historic island of Mykonos find ideal base at the elegant yet value-for-money accommodations of The Myconian K Hotels (Kohili, Korali, Kyma And Kalypso).... More
Offering quality accommodation and modern services, Ostraco Suites Mykonos welcomes the travellers to plan their stay at this property on their visit to Mykonos. The city attractions are... More
Madalena Hotel Mykonos is a unique property that offers first-rate facilities, high quality services and genuine hospitality to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralA good way to relieve the... More
Done in blue and white colours and echoing the traditional architectural style of Mykonos Island, Vienoula's Garden Hotel Mykonos makes for a suitable base for travellers visiting this part of... More