Lehel is a district of the German city of Munich. It and the neighbouring district of Alstadt are together recognized as the city’s first borough, and referred to as Alstadt-Lehel. The district was once considered a suburb of Munich, and today is one of the most desirable residential addresses in the city, and the home to many embassies and consulates. The Alstadt portion of the district contains a great many restaurants, some hotels, and the city’s famous and fanciful Glockenspiel clock. The central plaza, Marienplatz is home to the Old and the New Town Halls.
- Climb the 306 steps to the top of Church of St. Peter, located in Alstadt-Lehel, and check out a magnificent view of the city; you can also check out the inside of the church’s ornate interior that dates back six centuries.
- Visit the Bavarian National Museum and view its exhibits on the history of Bavaria and Munich, such as its folklore collection and 40 rooms of artwork.
- Watch one of Munich’s most popular sights, its Glockenspiel (located in Alstadt-Lehel), an incredible handmade clock, which delights crowds when it performs its hourly song and dance.
The city of Munich boasts an excellent and well-integrated public transportation system. The system consists of underground subway lines, above ground trams, regional trains (including high-speed lines), and in-city buses. There is a good highway and street network, but most visitors find they can navigate Munich better via its public transport system. The underground station Marienplatz is located in Alstadt-Lehel. U-Bahn lines U3 and U6 serve the neighbourhood, as do several S-Bahn lines. Within Alstadt-Lehel, walking is an enjoyable and manageable way to see the sights the district has to offer.
With a unique atmosphere, special hospitality and convenient facilities, the Golden Leaf Parkhotel Im Lehel Munich offers excellent accommodation that makes you feel at home. GeneralThe Golden... More
Awesome couple trip
Housed in a 19th century neo-classical typical middle-class residence, Hotel Splendid-Dollmann features classical elegance, cosy ambiance and comfortable accommodations. This boutique hotel is... More
Refine your search
- Museum fur Volkerkunde hotels
- Altstadt-Lehel hotels
- Kammerspiele hotels
- Bavarian National Museum hotels
- P1 club hotels
- Haus der Kunst hotels
- Schackgalerie hotels
- Archaologische Staatssammlung hotels
- Hofbrauhaus hotels
- Nationaltheater hotels
- Bavarian State Opera House hotels
- Prinz Carl Palais hotels