Laim is one of the districts of Munich, forming the 25th borough. Historically, it was a separate municipality predating the city into which it was later merged. Today, it is a major destination for visitors to the city. It lies in the vicinity of the city center and is within convenient distance of several popular tourist spots like the English Garden. The district itself boasts several attractions that bring in tourists in large numbers. St. Ulrich’s Church, the farmer’s market, and Interim Theater are just some of the places to explore and discover in this charming district.
- Explore the English Garden. Situated near Laim lies this famous garden of Munich whose large area includes a Japanese Teahouse, Japanese Garden, Monopteros, and a Chinese Tower.
- Visit St. Ulrich’s Church. A landmark of the district, this Catholic Church, with traditional architectural features, lies opposite the Laim meadow, which was once the village centre.
- Relax at Hirschgarten. Located near the district, this lovely beer garden of Munich, with its verdant setting, delicious Bavarian food, and cool beer is a come-hither establishment that is difficult to resist.
Laim is well connected to different parts of Munich by the public transport system. Laimer Platz, with its subway terminal, serves the area. The Underground U5 operates there. Trams are another means of reaching this destination. Tram 19 passes through the district, linking it with other sections of the city. The Laim S-Bahn station also offers convenient connectivity. The new S-Bahn Hirschgarten station serves the eastern section. Taxis are another means that you can opt for to get there. Rented bikes are also a good idea for exploring the city as you reach your destination.
With comfortable and cosy accommodations set close to Nymphenburg Palace, Aando Muenchen Laim makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to visit the vibrant city of Munich. Holidaymakers of... More
Featuring elegant units surrounded by area attractions, Park Hotel Laim Munich makes for an ideal choice for discerning travellers in the vibrant German city. While on holiday, guests can explore... More
Refine your search
- Schwanthalerhohe hotels
- Nymphenburg Palace hotels
- Hadern hotels
- Amalienburg hotels
- Oktoberfest Tents hotels
- Gern hotels
- Ludwigsvorstadt hotels
- Isarvorstadt-Ludwigsvorstadt hotels
- Railway Service hotels
- Church of Holy Trinity hotels
- Justizpalast hotels
- Stachus hotels