Bogenhausen is the geographically largest borough of the city of Munich, Germany. Located on the city's northeast side, it is bordered by Isar to the west, and Mittlere Ring to the east. The area achieved community status in 1818, and was incorporated as a municipality of Munich in 1892. It is an exclusive residential neighbourhood, with some of the city’s most desirable and expensive homes. German tennis star Boris Becker was, at one time, Bogenhausen’s most famous resident. There are a few luxury hotels situated on the edge of the district, yet large villas occupy much of the area’s land.
- Take a stroll through Herzogpark, where you will see interesting, well kept homes, some dating from the early 20th century. Most of the area is off limits to cars, making it especially nice for pedestrians.
- Explore the English Garden, one of Munich’s nicest parks. This lovely 3.73 square kilometre park features a Japanese Teahouse, sunny meadows, and several monuments.
- Hoist a beer at one of Bogenhausen’s beer gardens. There are several traditional Munich beer gardens in and around the English Garden area.
Munich’s U-Bahn (train system, which includes underground subways and above-ground trams) serves the Bogenhausen neighbourhood. There is one underground stop and several surface stops. Bogenhausen is very much a residential area and does not have a centre. There are small grocery stores that serve the neighbourhood but nothing along the lines of a shopping district. A part of the area, Herzogpark, is mostly closed to vehicular traffic. The rest of the neighbourhood is usually traversed by car or sometimes on foot. The big attractions there are the elegant, historic residences and estates.
Featuring all the modern day conveniences, Leonardo Hotel Munich Arabellapark is ideally situated for both business and leisure travellers. GeneralLeonardo Hotel Munich Arabellapark also offers a... More
First German Stop
Offering Bavarian charm and friendly service, the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel is an ideal place to reside while in Munich. GeneralWhen it comes to planning a convention, conference, or... More
Not a pleasant stay
NH Muenchen Messe invites cosmopolitan travellers to a modern retreat set conveniently close to attractions, public transportation and business and leisure opportunities in this vibrant Bavaria... More
Featuring stylish and comfortable decor, The Westin Grand Munich Hotel creates an inviting ambience for you to feel at home. GeneralThis hotel boasts 21 well-equipped meeting rooms that can... More
Welcome to ****Hotel Rothof Hotel ****Rothof Bogenhausen offers you a new kind of hotel lifestyle. It doesnt matter if you are visiting on business or for pleasure, this cosmopolitan city with a... More
Refine your search
- Prinzregententheater hotels
- Berg am Laim hotels
- Friedensengel hotels
- Schackgalerie hotels
- English Garden hotels
- Archaologische Staatssammlung hotels
- Bavarian National Museum hotels
- Kultfabrik hotels
- Haus der Kunst hotels
- P1 club hotels
- Gasteig hotels
- Food Market hotels