Rotherbaum is a progressive quarter inside Eimsbuttel, a self-governing municipality of Hamburg, Germany’s second largest city and one of the cities with the most number of affluent families in Europe. Rotherbaum is known for being host to the Open German Tennis Championships that are being held every year at the Rothenbaum Tennis Centre. It is also in Rotherbaum that Hamburger Verkehrsverbund (HVV), a transport company that coordinates the public transport in and around the city, is based. This transport company operates the only ticketing system of its kind, where only one ticket is needed to reach every place in Hamburg.
- Catch the scent of fresh flowers at the PlantenunBlomen, a garden park in Hamburg. Feel the gentle breeze and the fresh smell of lush greenery combining to set you up in genuine relaxation, as you lounge on the deck by the little lake.
- Have a sumptuous dinner at the Feuerschiff, a light ship turned into a restaurant and bar at the harbour of Hamburg. Enjoy your food, which is mostly fish, while you watch different ships pass by.
- Visit the Hamburg Dungeon and journey through the Dark History of Hamburg in an interactive setting.
The closest airport to Rotherbaum is the Hamburg Airport, which is about seven kilometres from the place. Guests can get to the city easily by taking a taxicab or a rental car. Public transport is of course available via the facilities of HVV, the public transport company that coordinates all transport systems (bus, rail, and ferry). Their buses leave every three minutes during the day and every five minutes during evenings and Sundays. HVV also operates the world’s longest buses.
What travelers to Rotherbaum are saying
Being an oasis of relaxation, this property offers a pleasant ambience, high standards of comfort and convenient facilities for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralThe hotel offers... More
Enjoy your stay in Hamburg in a historical water tower, which is now converted into an individual and remarkable hotel offering all the comforts that you expect while travelling. GeneralThis hotel... More
Mercure Hotel Hamburg Mitte in the vicinity of Hamburg has excellent accommodation, serene environment and a location well connected to the airport and the train station, which would make the... More
Towering over the CCH in the centre of Hamburg, Radisson Blu Hotel Hamburg is a gateway to the many icons and landmarks this dynamic city is known for. This luxury hotel offers modern conveniences... More
Good for our needs
Schaeferkampsallee 49 Map
Offer includes breakfast, late check out & WIFI
A chic urban retreat set within easy access to transport links and the historic and vibrant city centre, NH Hamburg Mitte makes for an ideal base for travellers spending time in Hamburg.... More
Refine your search
- Museum of Ethnology hotels
- Planten un Blomen hotels
- Messe hotels
- Alter Botanischer Garten Hamburg hotels
- Laeiszhalle hotels
- Kunsthalle Hamburg hotels
- Opera House hotels
- Binnenalster hotels
- Jungfernstieg hotels
- Uhlenhorst hotels
- Hamburg Town Hall hotels
- Rathaus Town Hall hotels