The Dusseldorfer Schauspielhaus is one of the oldest and most famous live theatres in Germany, presenting classical and contemporary stage plays. With a schedule that is continuously full, the Schauspielhaus presents many premieres thanks to its commitment to promote young authors. The theatre building has two separate stages, the Main Theatre with 760 seats and the Chamber Theatre with 300 seats. The smaller stage devoted to more experimental offerings. If you understand German, experiencing a play at the Dusseldorfer Schauspielhaus is a must as this is the premiere venue in the German-speaking world for fine drama and comedy.
- Walking up to the modernistic Schaulspielhaus structure, built in 1970 in central Dusseldorf, is a treat with curved white façade and three-dimensional architecture which give the building a direct relationship with the structures surrounding it.
- Experience the excitement of a premiere, which is easy to do considering opening nights occur between two and four times per month in the theatre’s two halls.
- Give your children a multicultural experience by attending a production at the theatre’s satellite location, das Junge Schauspielhaus, located at Münsterstraße 446, Dusseldorf, which specializes in plays for young people.
Located behind the popular Hofgarten Park in central Dusseldorf, the Dusseldorfer Schauspielhaus is found at Gustaf-Gründgens-Platz 1, a walk of about 10 minutes from the city’s Hauptbahnhof. Local S-Bahn and U-Bahn transportation lines make the theatre readily accessible to all neighbourhoods in Dusseldorf. The main train station is on a major German railway line, connecting the city via Intercity Express (ICE) trains to many destinations throughout Europe. The city is also served by Dusseldorf International Airport, which has flights to many major European cities as well as destinations in North America, Asia, and Africa.
Featuring well-furnished spaces conveniently positioned in the heart of historic Dusseldorf, Derag De Medici makes for an ideal base for travellers in this side of Germany. Ideally placed close to... More
Providing easy access to the Dusseldorf trade fair centre and the media harbour, the Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte with its modern facilities and an added value of an attentive service will make your... More
Offering a warm welcome, Monopol Hotel Duesseldorf is a perfect venue for a pleasant as well as an unforgettable holiday. GeneralDuring leisure, you can relax at the lobby or explore the city and... More
The perfect combination of an ideal location and impeccable service makes the Leonardo Royal Hotel Duesseldorf Koenigsallee is the right choice for business and leisure travellers. GeneralGuests... More
Stage 47 Hotel Duesseldorf is a chic hotel that offers stylish accommodations situated in the heart of the international business and financial centre. Holidaymakers can check out the wide variety... More
Less than a kilometre from Konigsallee shopping district, Hotel Nikko Duesseldorf offers guests with deluxe accommodations and a convenient Duesseldorf location. Set in the business and financial... More
Not so pleasant
Inselstrasse 2 Map
Advance Purchase- Stay 2 Save 15%
Melia Duesseldorf Am Hofgarten Hotel provides quality accommodation with convenient facilities set adjacent to Hofgarten public park. The hotel's location allows guests to explore the major... More
Novum Hotel Maxim Duesseldorf City welcomes travellers to modern spaces set close to the bustling Dusseldorf city centre. Tourists at this Germany hotel take photos of scenic cityscapes at the... More
Am Stresemannplatz 1 Map
Rate includes up to 40% off, Breakfast and more
Providing elegant accommodations in an ideal location close to transport hubs and points of interest, Mercure Hotel Duesseldorf City Center makes for a suitable base for discerning travellers... More
Refine your search
- Schadowstraße hotels
- Kunsthalle Düsseldorf hotels
- Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen hotels
- Goethe Museum hotels
- Theatre and der Ko hotels
- Kunsthalle (Art gallery) hotels
- Stadtmitte hotels
- Altstadt hotels
- Church of the Holy Cross hotels
- Königsallee hotels
- Schneider-Wibbel-Gasse hotels
- Tonhalle Dusseldorf hotels