Bauhaus Archive hotels
The Bauhaus Archive is a museum complex housed within a building conceptualized by the Bauhaus founder, Walter Gropius, to embody the iconic style started in Weimar. The museum was always conceived to be an independent venture within Berlin to represent the German art movement as a stand-alone compound of exhibitions. Opened in 1979, it has been a vital place for celebration, and engagement with, this modernist style. The architecture is immediately recognizable in Berlin, allowing light to playfully pass through to the interior. Art and design of all varieties are within the Bauhaus Archive collections including furniture, metalwork, photography, and paintings.
- Appreciate Berlin’s prized collection within the Bauhaus Archive, once a collection maintained by Gropius which includes famous pieces by Bauhaus icons like Kandinskii, Klee, and Schlemmer.
- Discover the significant Bauhaus cornerstone collection which encompasses the most distinctive features of Bauhaus architecture with drawings by Fritz Kaldenbach, photographs by Albert Renger-Patzsch, and over eight thousand collected papers.
- Delve into an immersive visual experience of the Bauhaus style in a photo exhibition of close to five thousand vintage and modern prints, many of which capture the artistic experimentation of Berlin in the era.
The Bauhaus Archive is located to the west of Berlin’s Downtown area in the neighbourhood of Tiergarten. It is scenically situated, overlooking a river that winds its way through the Tiergarten. The closest major transport station is Berlin Potsdamer Platz to the east of the Bauhaus Archive. The U-Bahn’s U2 subway line, which travels to City West, makes its stop there along with commuter trains and the SEV bus route. From this station, you can either take a taxi or enjoy a leisurely walk past Berlin’s churches, galleries, and memorials on the way to the museum
Echoing a vibrant and avant-garde design, Axel Hotel Berlin makes for an ideal urban retreat for hip travellers looking to enjoy the attractions of Berlin. This gay- and hetero-friendly hotel... More
Hotel Berlin, Berlin welcomes discerning travellers to the capital of Germany with chic accommodations, strategic location and modern design. This contemporary hotel in Berlin offers convenient... More
Nice hotel to a good price.
Potsdamer Strasse 129 Map
Hot Deal Save 15%
Treasure the moments of your luxurious stay at the Novum Business Hotel City B Berlin Centrum, which serves all your comforts with its excellent accommodation and immaculate services on your... More
I was fairly content with my stay.
Discerning travellers looking to explore Berlin find ideal base in the conveniently located and well-equipped spaces of Fjord Hotel Berlin. Besides stopping by local attractions like Alexanderplatz... More
A modern retreat within quick access to top-rated local attractions, Hotel Lindemann's Berlin makes for an ideal starting point for travellers looking to explore the heritage-rich Germany capital.... More
A bit out of the way
Novum Hotel Aldea Berlin Zentrum is located close to Reichstag and Brandenburger Tor, which is a great choice for business travellers as well as tourists. The Berlin Tegel Airport is nine... More
Great stay, close to transport hub and historic sites
Ivbergs Hotel Premium combines comfort and elegance ideal for chic vacationers exploring the historic capital of Germany. While on a Berlin holiday, visitors can check out the wide range of species... More
The Mandala Hotel is a luxurious hotel with an array of top-notch amenities and classy spaces set in a vibrant location in the German capital. History lovers at this Berlin hotel can explore the... More
Conveniently set at the heart of Berlin near shopping venues and must-see attractions, Scandic Berlin Kurfuerstendamm makes for an ideal base for corporate and leisure travellers discovering the... More
girls weekend break
Refine your search
- Gemaldegalerie hotels
- Wintergarten Variete hotels
- Museum of Prints and Drawings hotels
- Neue Nationalgalerie hotels
- Straße des 17. Juni hotels
- Victory Column hotels
- SIegessaeule hotels
- Kunstgewerbe Museum hotels
- Museum of Applied Art hotels
- Tiergarten hotels
- KaDeWe hotels
- Kaufhaus de Westens hotels