Chartrons is a world-famous quay whose name is derived from the Chartreux Convent built at the end of the 14th century. The primary reason, however, Chartrons boasts thousands of visiting holidaymakers year after year is for the exquisite collection of wines in Bordeaux as well as the one-of-a-kind historical monuments found throughout this bustling centre for commerce. Beautiful lime trees line the quays, with two additional fountains giving the area a classic charm ideal for promenading along the Garonne River. Frequenting holidaymakers and locals alike agree this quay will always be the heart of Bordeaux, with a past closely connected to the development of the city.
- Stroll along the River Garonne’s lovely waterfront with loved ones while enjoying the impressive view of the Port de la lune.
- Savour the lingering taste of exquisite wines from vineyards all over Bordeaux in Europe’s largest downtown square, as well as wines available from shops along River Garonne.
- Enjoy the classic beauty of the 18th century merchant houses that line the banks of the river, which beautifully reflect the sunlight in the early morning and lead to the Chartrons Market near the Skate Park.
Visitors can take a Jet Bus Shuttle from the Bordeaux Merignac Airport directly to the train station. Taxis are also abundantly available near the airport for transit directly to Chartrons. Carpooling is popular in the area as a particularly affordable option. Tram transit is also regularly available along the streets of Bordeaux, regularly passing through Chartrons. Furthermore, visitors can take water shuttles that pass along the bay, providing holidaymakers with incredible views as well as convenient transit.
14 bis, place Paul Avisseau Map
Savings ! Non Refundable!
You will feel immediately comfortable at the charming Hotel City Residence Bordeaux Les Chartrons. It is the perfect choice of hotel for guests doing a driving wine tour of the area, as Cheval... More
Housed in an 18th-century building, Hotel L'Avant Scene Bordeaux offers tasteful accommodations and central location to travellers looking to explore the port city of Bordeaux, a UNESCO World... More
Stylish small hotel
Presenting a maritime themed decor throughout the property, the Mercure Bordeaux Cite Mondiale Centre De Congres Hotel boasts a central locale that makes it an ideal base to explore the fun filled... More
Seeko'o Hotel Bordeaux invites savvy travellers to innovative all-suites accommodations amidst the 18th-century buildings in this UNESCO Heritage listed France city. Holidaymakers at this Bordeaux... More
81 cours Saint-Louis Map
Rate includes up to 40% off
Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel is delighted to welcome you to discover the comfort and the modernity of luxurious living. GeneralAt Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, conference... More
Residhotel Galerie Tatry Residence Bordeaux offers self-catering accommodations in an old wine warehouse within convenient distance to the heart of the city. Visitors have easy access to the events... More
very very good
Refine your search
- Musee D'Art Contemporain hotels
- Place des Quinconces hotels
- Jardin botanique de la Bastide hotels
- Jardin Botanique de Bordeaux hotels
- Rue Sainte Catherine hotels
- Place Parlement Bordeaux hotels
- Musée d'Aquitaine hotels
- Grand Theatre de Bordeaux hotels
- Place de la Bourse Bordeaux hotels
- Grosse Cloche de Bordeaux hotels
- Porte Cailhau hotels
- Bordeaux Tourism Office hotels