Kaartinkaupunki is a charming area in the south of Helsinki, nestled between two beautiful parks. Beautiful architecture abounds in this lovely neighbourhood as exemplified by the Rikhardinkatu Library, which was built in 1881; and the German Church constructed in 1864. The impressive Swedish Theatre in Kaartinkaupunki was originally built in 1866 and served as the first national theatrical centre for Finland. Find fresh fish at the Cholera Basin, a harbour adjacent to Market Square. Esplanadi Park was built in 1818, part of it created after the Kluuvinlahti Bay had been filled in.
- Explore works of extraordinary creations at the Museum of Finnish Architecture in Kaartinkaupunki housed in a building constructed in 1899 with various exhibitions depicting Finnish culture and society.
- Marvel at the hustle and bustle in the Helsinki Market Square, a tradition since 1813 where vendors sell souvenirs and Finnish foods at outdoor cafes, and see their monthly vintage American car exhibit held the first Friday of each month.
- Visit the Erottaja fire station museum that is housed in the station, constructed and operated since 1891, with over 98% of the exhibits formerly used by Helsinki’s fire brigades.
The Kaartinkaupunki area is about 19 kilometres south of the international Helsinki Airport in Vantaa, 80 kilometres to the north of Tallinn, Estonia, and about 400 kilometres to the west is Stockholm, Sweden. Motorways in semicircular rings called Ring I, II, and III connect to other parts of Finland. Trams, rails, subways, buses, and two ferry routes constitute the public transportation system within the city. The bus ride from Helsinki city centre to the airport will take you 35 minutes and a taxi would take about 30 minutes and cost about 45 euros.
Conveniently located in the centre of Helsinki by the harbor, the Scandic Grand Marina Hotel invites guests for a superb holiday experience. GeneralThe property features 6 conference rooms that... More
Known for its ambience and luxury, the Klaus K Hotel Helsinki offers an ideal accommodation spot in Helsinki for all types of travellers. GeneralThis hotel boasts 3 well-equipped meeting rooms for... More
Providing an oasis of tranquillity in the heart of Helsinki, the easy reach of administrative authorities and major business centres makes Anna Hotel an ideal address both for business and... More
Do city trip
Being close to the central railway station, the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Helsinki offers the perfect blend of elegance and charm with thoughtful amenities to pamper each of the guests. GeneralThis... More
Recently renovated, Helka Hotel Helsinki welcomes guests into its inspiring architecture and artistic furnishing capped by its impeccable services. It is in the centre of this capital city which... More
A good option to enjoy Helsinki
Featuring a seamless blend of comfort and modern technology, this attractive property welcomes you for unforgettable stay at Helsinki. GeneralThe hotel also offers well-appointed meeting rooms... More
Ruoholahdenranta 3 Map
Save 10% On Your Stay
Assuring a modest, yet sufficient range of services and facilities alongside the warm welcome, Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki provides you with all requirements to enjoy this fantastic city... More
Family Room Perfect for three people
Featuring chic spaces highlighted by up-to-date facilities, Hotel Scandic Paasi Helsinki makes for an ideal base for travellers looking for stylish top-notch accommodations in Helsinki. While in... More
Assuring personalised service and quality amenities, Seurahuone Hotel Helsinki invites both the business and leisure travellers. Some of the interesting attractions of the city are Senate Square... More
Refine your search
- University of Helsinki hotels
- Sea Life Helsinki hotels
- National Library of Finland hotels
- Helsinki Senate Square hotels
- Marimekko hotels
- Bank of Finland hotels
- Helsinki Cathedral hotels
- Kluuvi hotels
- Ateneum Art Museum hotels
- Uspenski Cathedral hotels
- Punavuori hotels
- Finnish National Gallery hotels