Coral Coast hotels
Charming Coral Coast
For sun, sand, lots of other words beginning with ‘s’ and an adventure in a tropical wonderland, look no further than Fiji’s breathtaking Coral Coast. Conveniently located halfway between the two major cities on the south island of Fiji, the Coral Coast is one of the largest fringing reef systems in the world. With the friendliest vibe, and the most robust natural scenery you could hope for, kick back in the sunshine and thank your lucky stars that you are in paradise.
Versatility is part of the Coral Coast’s appeal. Explore through the lush greenery in Sigatoka Valley, get your heart racing in Pacific Harbour, Fiji’s adventure capital, or slap on a snorkel and take in the stunning underwater wildlife at Korotogo Beach. Whatever you do, on the Coral Coast you will feel blissfully content before you can say ‘Bula!’
Coral Coast's Top 10
10.Robert Trent Golf Course Test out your swing at this fantastic golf course in the Pacific Harbour area.
5. Pottery Village While you’re around Sigatoka Valley, pick up some authentic Fijian pottery.
9. Island Massage You won’t travel too far along the pristine coastline before coming across a beachfront massage stall. Take advantage and lose yourself in a coconut and sea air fragrant bliss.
4.Viti Eco Tours Immerse yourself in Fiji’s laid-back culture with a tour through the villages and limestone caves of the Coral Coast. The Kava ceremony will leave you feeling relaxed and content for your next day of exploration.
8. Arts Village A walk through this gorgeous community is a perfect way to while away an afternoon.
3. Sigatoka River Safari Get your blood pumping with a jet boat adventure surrounded by scenery that is to die for (not literally, we hope…)
7. Sunset Strip Soak up the sun, then party the night away.
2. Coral Coast Railway All aboard for this fantastic ride through forests, villages and sugar cane plantations, plus a stop off for a cave expedition.
6. Sigatoka Sand Dunes Fiji’s first national park and a definite must-see.
1. Kula Eco Park Get up close with nature without getting your feet dirty at this environmental nirvana dedicated to the conservation of local wildlife.
Coral Coast History
- Sigatoka Sand Dunes – Designated as Fiji’s first national park, an archaeological dig here uncovered 2,600-year-old pottery and the largest burial site in the Pacific.
- Tavuni Hill Fort – Contains remains of an old temple, a rock wall and a Tongan Chief’s home that were all built several hundred years ago on the Coral Coast.
- Naihehe Caves – Part of a range of Limestone Mountains. The fortress of Korovusolo sits above it where the Qalimari people rebelled.
- Fiji Museum – Get a view into Fiji’s political, archaeological, cultural and linguistic evolution. See displays of musical instruments, war clubs and cannibal utensils.
- Albert Park – On June 6, 1928, Kingsford Smith ended the last leg of his 34-hour trip from Hawaii in Suva’s Albert Park.
Coral Coast Art & Culture
- Salad Bowl Cave Tour – A guided tour of the cave system as well as a few of the local villages.
- Adventures in Paradise Fiji – Meet a village chief and take part in local cultural ceremonies.
- Coral Coast Railway – A train ride that takes you around the coast, a few caves and some villages.
- Vatukarasa Village – A village where you can interact with friendly locals and learn about their culture.
- Mariamma Temple – A religious temple in nearby Suva where a fire-walking festival is held every July or August.
Coral Coast Shopping
- Arts Village – An integrated resort in Coral Coast that includes accommodations, a shopping centre and eateries.
- Sigatoka Indigenous Women’s Handicraft Centre – You will find carvings, jewellery, masi cloth and other items, all made by local women.
- Baravi Handicrafts – Located in Vatukarasa village, this place sells coffee and snacks, as well as woodcarvings and pottery by local artisans.
- Morris Hedstrom’s City Centre – Located in Suva, this shopping centre has everything from electrical appliances to boutiques.
- Jacks of Fiji – Sells authentic designer clothing and accessories.
Gay & Lesbian Coral Coast
- Devos – This is a resort that offers gay-friendly accommodations.
- Purple Haze Nightclub – A gay and lesbian nightclub that features Hindi pop and R&B dance music.
- Signals Night Club – Gay-friendly nightclub that is popular with Coral Coast locals.
- Fiji Private Villas – A gay-friendly, five-star hotel.
- Mango Bay Resort – A three-star, gay-friendly hotel.
Coral Coast Outdoor
- Rivers Fiji – This company specializes in organizing white-water rafting and kayaking trips along the Coral Coast.
- ZIP Fiji – Travel high above Fiji down a zip line, an exhilarating way to get an aerial view of the city.
- Kula Eco Park – The only wildlife park in Fiji. It has displays of native birds, tropical fish and reptiles.
- Natadola Beach – Lie out in the sun or play beach sports at one of Fiji’s best beaches.
- Walu Water Sports – This water park features a few rides and places to stay cool.
Coral Coast Sport
- Set up a diving excursion with the Bega Adventure Divers.
- Play golf at the Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course.
- Go horseback riding on the Natadola beach on the Coral Coast.
- Watch a match of rugby at the National Stadium.
- Watch the local rugby team training for their matches at Albert Park.
Coral Coast Events
Dance among the flowers and frolic along the parades at the annual Hibiscus Festival in June.
Also in June, whip out your Fijian phrase book and learn how to say hello for the Bula Festival.
Reel in some action at the Vodafone Game Fishing Tournament down at the Pacific Harbour in August.
Cover your eyes and pray to Vishnu while watching – or taking part in – the enthralling Hindu Firewalking in August.
Feel illuminated under the glow of Diwali (Hindu Festival of Lights) each year in November.
When To Go
Summertime on the Coral Coast is hot and humid. The afternoon rains, although brief, generally cool things down a touch.
The Coral Coast in winter is usually less sweltering, but remains a pleasant paradise.
May through September is when you will get the least rain, the most sunshine and the most relaxing time you could imagine.
There are plenty of buses that will pretty much pick you up from anywhere.
There is also an abundance of taxis, although travelling between towns by cab can be a bit heavy on the wallet.
The adventurous and/or budget-conscious may want to give one of the cramped Viti minibuses a whirl.
Fiji holds the promise of a tranquil, idyllic South Pacific island experience that many on the corporate treadmill daydream about from the boardroom or cubicle. Within the vast archipelago that is the Republic of Fiji Islands, the Coral Coast is a place where countless escape to in order to slake severe wanderlust.
As one of the first areas in the country to embrace tourist development, the Coral Coast has a long track record. For years, the coastline on Viti Levu, the main island in Fiji, has been a haven for a wide assortment of travelers. The Coral Coast links the small city of Nadi, Fiji's main international hub, with the capital city of Suva, home to over 170,000 people. Aside from beach resorts and beautiful coastline scenery, points of interest include Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park and Sigatoka Valley, the village of Kulukulu, majestic Naihehe Caves and Tavuni Hill Fort.
Attractions & Activities
Restaurants & Nightlife
Fiji and the Coral Coast enjoy a warm, tropical climate throughout the year, with temperatures between 18°C and 30°C and a rainy season from December to April.
18 hotels in Coral Coast,
The Crows Nest Resort offers cosy and value-for-money accommodations conveniently located in the heart of Coral Coast which makes for an idyllic holiday getaway for vacationers in Sigatoka. This... More
Splurge on a Fiji holiday getaway and book a stay at Outrigger On The Lagoon Fiji, offering on-site activities, dining options and posh accommodations set in a 40-acre beachfront land in the Coral... More
Set amidst lush tropical paradise and featuring stunning natural location and deluxe accommodations, Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa makes for a relaxing retreat in Fiji. This luxurious resort in... More
Featuring personalised, intimate and friendly service, this property makes you to enjoy all the privileges, for an unforgettable stay. GeneralAfter an exhausting day, you can have a bracing dip in... More
Escape from the hustle and bustle and into the pleasing atmosphere of the Coral Coast at Gecko's Resort Sigatoka. Tourists on a holiday getaway can unwind at the many quiet spots of the four-acre... More
Take a break from the bustle of everyday life and escape to a tropical island oasis at Naviti Resort Coral Coast. This beachfront resort in the Viti Levu Island of Fiji offers tasteful... More
Nestled amongst lush tropical grounds, the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa offers contemporary luxury on white sands and is a fully integrated resort, with a comprehensive range of leisure... More
Balmy tropical nights, warm and friendly Fijian hospitality in an atmosphere where everything you have ever dreamed about an island vacation is right here for you at the The Warwick Fiji. ... More
To experience the ultimate comfort and witness the immensely beautiful panoramic view of nature, the Tambua Sands Beach Resort extends a warm welcome to its guests. GeneralIf guests are feeling... More