What travelers to Tallinn are saying
The capital and most populous city in Estonia has undergone a transformative tourist revolution in recent times. From hidden gem to virtual hotspot, Tallinn's 13th century heritage is on brilliant display in one of the best old towns in Europe. As a premier member of the venerable mercantile and military Hanseatic League, the city underwent a period of affluent development in the Medieval Age. Heavy influence from Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Russia over the past five hundred years provides the cityscape with beautiful appeal today. Inordinate UNESCO World Heritage sites unite to put Tallinn ahead of the curve.
Of course, the past is not the only reason to visit the city. As the most notable information technology hub in the Baltic region, Tallinn has become a busy and modern city, with a vibrant, youthful population and a notorious nightlife. Best of all, a wonderfull array of authentic restaurants and bars in and around the old town will not put a strain on your budget.
- Holy Birgitta Monastery – A landmark monastery of Scandinavian female saints.
- Patarei (Battery) Prison – The least-developed Tallinn historical attraction.
- Kadriorg Palace – An imperial Russian summer residence constructed in 1718 by the Italian architect, Niccolo Michetti.
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral – A 19th-century Russian orthodox church.
- Raekoja Plats – A square located in the centre of the Old City. Cafes and restaurants surround this square.
Tallinn Art & Culture
- Open Air Museum – This museum comprises 72 buildings of Estonian vernacular architecture.
- National Art Museum KUMU – This museum is home to a cyclopic house.
- Museum of Occupations – A museum of the conditions for Tallinn residents living under Soviet and Nazi regimes.
- Song Festival Grounds – A massive modernist structure in which the All Estonian Song Festival is held.
- Tallinn International Festival Jazzkaar – Held in April, this Tallinn jazz festival draws music lovers from across the globe.
- Viru Keskus – A popular shopping centre offering leisure and entertainment options.
- Foorum Keskus – A cosy shopping centre featuring well-known fashion brands.
- Kaubamaja – A huge shopping centre. Home to shops to suit the whole family.
- Viru Street – Located in the Old City, this street is great for souvenirs and boutique stores.
- The Rotermann Quarter – A popular downtown Tallinn shopping area with clothing and department stores.
Gay & Lesbian Tallinn
- Kapp – Tallinn's most famous gay club, located in an exclusive place in town.
- G-Punkt – A discreet club favoured by Tallinn residents.Entrance to the club is via a back door.
- Ring Club – A men-only gay club and sauna.
- Sauna Club 69 – A popular sauna for men only.
- Stroomi Beach – A gay-friendly beach in Tallinn. The ideal destination when the sun is shining.
- Tallinn Zoo – An enormous area packed with live exhibits. Perfect for families visiting Tallinn.
- Tallinn Botanical Gardens – A must-visit destination for nature and plant enthusiasts on holiday in the region.
- Pirita Marina and Beach – A huge, sandy beach popular with locals and tourists.
- Harku Lake – A small yet attractive lake that draws visitors from near and far.
- City Wall – The more energetic Tallinn tourist can climb a part of the city wall. Entry into the towers is possible.
- See golf stars in action at the Tallinn Golf Club Niitvalja.
- Pay a visit to the Tere Tennis Centre and aim to catch a professional tennis championship.
- Visit the Ruila Stable to watch the Ruila Spring Tour, a large international horse show.
- Wrap up warmly and visit Premia Icehall, the training ground for Estonia’s winning hockey team.
- Watch MTU JF FC Flora, a Tallinn football club at their home ground, the A. Le Coq Arena.
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Kadriorg Palace
- Old Town
- Toompea Castle
- Art Museum of Estonia (KUMU)
- Estonian Music Days
- Baroque Music Festival
- Old Town Days
- Jazzkaar Festival
- Tallinn FoodFest
- Vanaema Juures
- Olde Hansa
- Must Lammas
- Depeche Mode
With cold winters and rainy summers, spring is the consensus choice, weather-wise, for when best to visit Tallinn.
- Winter (December to March) -8-2°C
- Spring (April to May) 0-13°C
- Summer (June to September) 6-22°C
- Fall (October to November) -1-10°C
This charming property offers an excellent and friendly service with the highest standards of accommodation to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralThis property comprises 15 well-appointed... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and excellent facilities, the Original Sokos Hotel Viru Tallinn is an ideal base from where you can explore the city of Tallinn. GeneralThe multifunctional... More
All is OK
Featuring utmost comfort, pleasant ambience and friendly atmosphere, this property welcomes you for an unforgettable holiday in Tallinn. GeneralGuests travelling on business purpose can make use... More
A superb place for people who travel for business as well as for pleasure, Savoy Boutique Hotel makes your visit a memorable stay in the very heart of ancient Tallinn. GeneralIn the basement of... More
Ideal Hotel for Estonia Opera visit
Hotel Palace is located next to Freedom Square in Tallinn. The building dates back to 1937 and represents one of the most interesting, glamorous and majestic buildings to have been given a total... More
Offering excellent services and facilities, Old Town Maestro's Hotel Tallinn is a perfect venue for a pleasant stay. GeneralThis property comprises 2 well-appointed conference rooms that can hold... More
Combining contemporary decor and luxurious accommodation, this property creates an inviting ambience for you to enjoy, while visiting Tallinn. GeneralThis hotel offers well-equipped meeting rooms... More
Nice hotel, friendly staff,but room very smal and poor
Featuring quality services and friendly atmosphere, the Pilve Apartment Tallinn is a right place to reside to enjoy a vacation or a business trip in Tallinn. The property is situated just 1... More
Unique and truly intimate atmosphere greets you as you step across the threshold of this very special hotel, which is an experience in comfort and elegance, and always gives you a feeling of the... More
5 star all the way
Rataskaevu 16 Map
IMPORTANT: Arrival Instructions (CLICK HERE)
Featuring affable hospitality and spacious accommodation, the Oldhouse Apartments Tallinn welcomes you to reside in a heavenly world. GeneralDuring your stay at this property, you can plan an... More
Refine your search
- Pikk Hermann hotels
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral hotels
- Toompea hotels
- Toompea Castle hotels
- St Mary's Cathedral hotels
- St. Nicholas' Church, Tallinn hotels
- Tallinn Train Station hotels
- Walls of Tallinn hotels
- Stenbock House hotels
- War of Independence Victory Column hotels
- Museum of Occupations hotels
- All-linn – Lower Town hotels