What was once the infamous red light district of Copenhagen, Denmark, Vesterbro has lately been transformed into one of the hippest parts of the city. The neighbourhood is situated on the perimeter of the city centre and is now a popular place to live and hang out. When the gates to the city centre were removed in the 19th century the population in this section exploded and it quickly became the home of prostitution, drugs and poverty. Although some of this remains, Vesterbro has been renovated, adding chic restaurants and trendy bars that make it a magnet for city nightlife.
- Explore Istedgade Street, the heart of Vesterbro and the centre of nightlife in Copenhagen, where you will find an eclectic collection of bars, trendy restaurants and even remnants of its checkered past.
- Enjoy an operetta or musical at the Det Ny Theatre, a historic 19th century structure that has recently been restored to its distinction of being one of the best in Copenhagen.
- Check out more than 4,000 stars or catch an educational film at the massive IMAX theatre at Tycho Brahe Planetarium, a state of the art facility that will challenge your imagination.
Located just outside of the city centre Vesterbro is easy to reach using the city’s efficient public transportation system. Both the Copenhagen Central Station and the Vesterbro Station are situated on the eastern edge of the district and act as major transportation hubs for the city. There are also several bus routes that leave from the main bus station in the city centre for this part of town every few minutes throughout the day. Copenhagen is extremely friendly to cyclists and there are many bicycle routes that snake through Vesterbro.
What travelers to Vesterbro are saying
Vesterbrogade 41 Map
Stay 2 nights and save 10%
Copenhagen Crown Hotel Copenhagen is an ideal base for both business and leisure travellers in this city. This property offers all the modern facilities and quality services for a comfortable stay.... More
Family Short Trip
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11 Map
Free of charge Internet connection
Combining space, style and sophistication ideal for chic travellers, Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrsgade makes for an elegant base without the hefty price tag. While in Copenhagen, tourists can... More
Don't expect aircon
Kalvebod Brygge 53 Map
Save 30% on non-refundable rates!
With an unparalleled signature design by Utzon, the Copenhagen Island Hotel Copenhagen creates a unique environment, in which exquisite design, modern comfort and exceptional service are combined... More
good location, small room, poor internet
Tivoli Hotel Copenhagen invites sophisticated travellers to up-to-date and bright accommodations set close to local attractions and public transit in this vibrant Denmark capital. While in... More
Travellers exploring the capital of Denmark find an idyllic and comfortable retreat at Hotel Sct. Thomas Copenhagen Positioned in the heart of Theatre District, vacationers at this Copenhagen hotel... More
Refine your search
- DGI-byen hotels
- Copenhagen Train station hotels
- IMAX Tycho Brahe Planetarium hotels
- Church of Our Lady hotels
- Tivoli Gardens hotels
- Danish Design Centre hotels
- Dyrehaven hotels
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (Glyptoteket) hotels
- National Museum hotels
- Library Garden hotels
- Copenhagen Central Station hotels
- Church of our Saviour hotels