Holesovice is a suburb of Prague, Czech Republic that is situated on the River Vltava in the 7th district of the city. Once a dreary, industrial suburb it has recently had a revival that has transformed it into one of the most vibrant and up and coming quarters of the city. Like much of the surrounding city, Holesovice changed from a peaceful rural area to an industrial powerhouse during the 19th century. The town still has this mismatched feel of old factories and ragged tenements mixed with new developments and state of the art architecture.
- Marvel at the vast collection of Czech and Slovak artwork at the National Gallery of Prague located in Holesovice, one of the best collections of art in all of the Czech Republic.
- Walk through the paths that feel like something out of a Gothic movie at Stromovka Park, one of the most popular and beautiful green spaces in all of Prague.
- See developments of Czech and foreign fine art through the past two centuries at Veletrzni Palac, a three-storey art museum with a massive collection of work from the 19th-21st centuries.
Prague has amazing public transportation and the suburb of Holesovice is well connected to it, making it easy to get to and around. The best way to get there is to use the Prague Metro and get off at either the Vltavská or Nádraží Holešovice metro station both of which are situated on Line C. These stops are also major tram interchanges so you can also take the tram, which is useful if you plan to move around late at night. There are also a few night buses that pass through the district, but the metro is still most convenient.
Offering wonderful accommodation and excellent service, the Belvedere Hotel Prague is a perfect place for business travellers and holidaymakers. GeneralThe Belvedere Hotel Prague provides meeting... More
The Expo Hotel is a nice and modern property providing comfortable accommodation both for individuals or groups. GeneralGuests on business can also utilise the conference space at the hotel that... More
Parkhotel Praha features tastefully appointed accommodations and contemporary meeting facilities, ideal for travellers in the capital of Czech Republic. This Prague hotel places holidaymakers less... More
Well-known for its refined style and services, this property offers the good hospitality and supreme comfort to all guests planning for a holiday in Prague. GeneralGuests travelling on business... More
Hotel Absolutum Prague is a modern hotel, designed to give a very warm, natural and homely impression to its guests. GeneralThe hotel's leisure centre offers visitors sauna, solarium and a small... More
Checked out a day early
Refine your search
- Metronome hotels
- Jewish Museum hotels
- Old New Synagogue hotels
- Muzeum Hlavniho Mesta hotels
- Tyn Church hotels
- Old Jewish Cemetery hotels
- Museum of Decorative Arts hotels
- Rudolfinum hotels
- Powder Tower hotels
- Obecni Dum hotels
- Orloj hotels
- Stavovske Divadlo hotels