Plzen, Czech Republic
Plzen is a picturesque city, famous for its production of pilsner beer. It is in the western portion of Bohemia, located in the Czech Republic on the Berounka Rive. Visitors will find plenty to do ranging from touring the Pilsner Urquell Brewery to checking out the Plzen Historical Underground.
- St Bartholomews Gothic Cathedral
- Take a quiet moment in Plzen’s Meditation Garden/ Monument to the Victims of Evil
- George Patton Memorial Museum
- Spend the day enjoying nature whilst exploring the Zoological and Botanical Garden.
- Tour the historical Renaissance Town Hall and take in the magnificent architecture.
- Attend a concert or exhibition at the famed Plzen Synagogue.
Getting there and around
Most visitors fly to Prague and then take a bus or train to their final destination of Plzen. Bus and train routes are widely available from most nearby major cities. Many travellers also opt to hire a car for their journey.
This is a fairly compact city centre, meaning that for visitors, walking is a very practical method of exploring. The public transport operator (PMDP) offers a vast system of trams, buses, and trolleys, making manoeuvring around town incredibly easy for travellers.
4 hotels in Plzen
Offering upscale accommodations and amenities set in the heart of Pilsen, Courtyard By Marriott Pilsen makes for a strategic starting point of a holiday in this side of Czech Republic. From this... More
Best Western Hotel Trend Plzen is a quality hotel that offers comfortable accommodation and modern services. This hotel caters for the business and leisure requirements of the travellers. Guests... More
ibis Plzen invites corporate and leisure visitors to a modern cosy retreat set in the commercial zone in this Czech Republic metropolitan. Holidaymakers visiting Plzen never miss a stop at St.... More