Franciscan Monastery hotels
Dubrovnik is a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage city located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. Its stunning white-walled medieval architecture provides the perfect contrast to the surrounding blue waters. Much of Dubrovnik’s charm comes from its historic churches, fountains, monasteries, and museums. One of the city's most treasured sites is the Franciscan Monastery, a 14th century group of Romanesque-Gothic style buildings featuring a church and bell tower, ancient well, Europe’s oldest working pharmacy established in 1317, a museum, and beautifully landscaped interior gardens. Just outside the monastery is a stone reputed to grant visitor's wishes.
- Visit the Dubrovnik Franciscan Monastery Museum that houses a library with an impressive collection of ancient hand-written documents, music manuscripts, and valuable artefacts, including gold and silver crucifixes.
- Pop into the apothecary, or pharmacy, located inside the monastery complex that has been in business since 1317, and view the displays of ancient medical equipment or purchase an herbal tonic made from an ancient recipe.
- Stroll down the Placa Stradun, the central street within Dubrovnik and the Old Town, to view the beautiful Baroque architecture of the many shops and cafes.
Dubrovnik features reliable public transportation options. The international airport is located 20 kilometres south of the city, and there are connecting bus and taxis services to transport guests into the city. While there is no local train service, buses from major Croatian and European cities stop at the central bus station within Dubrovnik. Cruise ships and ferries dock regularly nearby, and provide a fun way to explore the surrounding areas. If visiting the Franciscan Monastery, visitors are advised to take a bus or guided coach tour. Motorbikes and scooters are also available for rental in the city.
Excelsior Hotel Dubrovnik assures travellers of a memorable Mediterranean experience with its luxurious accommodations and idyllic location. The hotel is a short stroll away from the Old City of... More
The exclusive and luxurious Grand Villa Argentina Hotel is set in lush gardens on a steep cliff overlooking the Adriatic, the island of Lokrum, and Dubrovnik's old harbour. The hotel comprises of... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities, Bellevue Hotel is an ideal place for the budget conscious travellers exploring Dubrovnik. GeneralDuring leisure, you can explore the... More
Great place to recuperate
Featuring lavish accommodations set within a luxury seaside complex, Villa Glavic creates an ideal starting point for cosmopolitan travellers looking for a Dubrovnik getaway. While in this... More
Overlooking the Adriatic Sea, the Rixos Libertas Dubrovnik Hotel is a grand and stylish modern hotel near to the Sponza Palace, Franciscan Monastery, and Dubrovnik Cathedral. The hotel is ideal for... More
Excellent off-peak deal
Apartments Amoret offers daily cleaned accommodation. Free Wi-Fi is provided.Equipped with air conditioning and satellite TV, Amoret apartments combine modern appliances with antique-style... More
Apartments More are located in the very centre of the historical Old City of Dubrovnik in an authentic recently renovated 1667 stone building. This property benefits from being uniquely situated in... More
Guest house Home Sweet Home offers rooms and self-catering accommodation units with a terrace or balcony with spectacular views of the Adriatic Sea, free Wi Fi and free air conditioning.Guests can... More
Situated minutes away from the old town, the Hilton Imperial Hotel is ideal for guests who enjoy exploring on foot. The sights of the Synagogue, Franciscan Monastery, and the Cathedral are all... More
Great location and service
Refine your search
- Dominican Monastery hotels
- Bell Tower hotels
- Sponza Palace hotels
- Dubrovnik Aquarium and Maritime Museum hotels
- St. Saviour Church hotels
- Diocesan Classical Gymnasium hotels
- Visia Dubrovnik hotels
- Walls of Dubrovnik hotels
- Rector's Palace hotels
- Church of St. Ignatius and the Jesuit College hotels
- Dubrovnik Old Port hotels
- Pile Gate hotels