Zhuhai, also known as the “City of a Hundred Islands”, is a breathtaking city found in the Guangdong province of China. From island hopping to ancient temples, travellers will feel as if they have been transported back in time to a magical place. With so many things to see and do, visitors should plan to spend several days exploring this wondrous Chinese city while on holiday.
- Former Residence to Tong Shaoyi - Visit this large estate where he was born and grew up.
- Baishi Street - The “white stone” street is the place where the villagers chased the British off the island.
- Yang’s Ancestral Hall - Built in 1868 and the largest sample of Lungnan architecture in the Zhuhai area.
- Tangjia Temple Complex - Built more than 300 years ago and dedicated to the Lady Golden Flower, the Buddha and the God of War and Literature.
- Meixi Royal Archways - Played a vital part in the area’s history and was originally home to Chen Fang, the legendary philanthropist.
Zhuhai Art & Culture
- Sr Sun Yat-Sen Residence Memorial Museum - Where the founder of the Republic of China was born.
- Zhuhai City Museum - Home to 13 exhibit halls with old photos and a history of Zhuhai, stellae excavated from the area and cannon batteries.
- Zhuhai Ocean Ecology Museum - Specialty museum in Zhuhai.
- Kungfu Museum - Made in the late Qing dynasty architectural style to carry forward the medical work of Huang Feihong.
- Folk Cultural Village - Fun place to visit and see the recreated life of more than 20 ethnic villages from the southern area.
- Underground Shopping Complex - A huge complex with hundreds of shops and a wide assortment of goods targeted at tourists.
- Yingbin Road - Home to a handful of large shopping areas, with everything from economical Chinese products to trendy international brands.
- Wanjia Department Store - Stands as the most recognized landmark in the area.
- Yingbin Plaza - A shopping area that specializes in clothing.
- Wanjia Department Store – A pedestrian street in Zhuhai lined with shops that carry electronics and clothing.
Gay & Lesbian Zhuhai
- Blue Bar - The newest karaoke club.
- F-Bar - A Zhuhai spa with massages.
- Liuhe Holiday Hotel - A gay-friendly hotel.
- Xiangyue Cafe - A gay bar with no cover charge.
- China Rent Boy - A spa with massages and acupuncture.
- Tangjia Public Garden - The private estate of China’s first premier and today a peaceful garden that preserves rare species from the southern area of the country.
- New Yuan Ming Palace - Enormous park and reproduction of the original Yuan Ming Palace in Beijing, destroyed by the French and British forces during the Second Opium War.
- Paradise Hill Cable Car - Takes you to the top of Paradise Park in Zhuhai and offers a lovely view of the surrounding area.
- Haibin Park - Lovely place to take a waterfront stroll, surrounded by hills, palm trees and an amusement park.
- Ocean Spring - Offers a wonderful hot-spring experience with a large, open-air pool along the ocean and rooms with hot-spring tubs.
- The Zhuhai International Circuit is the place for auto and motorcycle racing.
- Golf lovers will enjoy the variety of golf courses in the area.
- Golden Beach is one of the most beautiful in the area and a great place for swimming.
- Zhuhai Sports Centre offers a modern facility with bowling and badminton, among other sports.
- Doumen Stadium is home to local basketball and volleyball games.
- Wailingding Island
- New Yuanming Palace
- Jintai Buddhist Temple
- Take the kids to Pearl Land
- Relax at the Zhuhai Imperial Hot Springs
- Enjoy a watching a motor race at the Zhuhai International Circuit
Zhuhai has a humid, subtropical climate that is mostly affected by monsoons in the South China Sea. Hot, long summers and mild, short winters best describe the city’s seasonal weather. Summers are wet, and the average temperature reaches 90°F (32°C); winters are drier, and tend to have more comfortable temperatures for visiting.
Getting There & Around
The Zhuhai Airport is a modern airport with connections to numerous Chinese cities, although there are not many international destinations. Visitors coming from outside the country can fly into the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to reach Zhuhai. There is frequent express bus service that runs to the city and takes about 2.5 hours.
The hotel is near the most prosperous commercial pedestrian street of Zhuhai and the most romantic littoral sweethearts road. Guangdong Hotel Zhuhai is in downtown Gongbei, the business and... More
The Holiday Inn Zhuhai is placed in the Jida Commercial and banking district of Zhuhai. It also has New Yuanmingyuan, Fisher Girl Statue, Dongao Island and Pearl Land Amusement Park in its... More
Every aspect of the superbly-decorated Novotel Zhuhai hotel will exceed your expectations. Vast, airy spaces filled with luxurious modern furnishings set the scene for indulgence and relaxation in... More
Estrada da Baia de N. Senhora da Esperanca, s/n, Map
FREE Breakfasts For 2 Persons
The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel invites travellers to a lavish full-service haven featuring sophisticated accommodations and numerous dining establishments and entertainment facilities. Tourists on... More
Great hotel and fantastic location
Conveniently situated near the airport and close to popular attractions points, Galaxy Hotel Macau makes for a luxurious starting point for sophisticated business and leisure travellers staying in... More
Awesome 5 Star Hotel
Galaxy Macau Resort Map
Okura Getaway With Ferry Tickets & FREE Upgrade
Set close to Macau's gambling and recreation hotspots, Hotel Okura Macau is a Japanese-inspired property that provides a luxurious haven for business and leisure travellers. Apart from casino... More
2 Estrada Almirante Marques Esparteiro Map
FREE Breakfasts For 2
Regency Hotel Macau invites business and leisure travellers to a chic base with elegant accommodations set in a three-acre lush greenery in the vibrant city of Macau. After attending events at... More
Set at the foot of historic landmark Colina da Guia, Royal Hotel Macau provides a comfortable and tranquil base to travellers exploring the sites and attractions of the vibrant region of Macau.... More
It was a good trip
With tasteful accommodations and accessible location, Taipa Square Hotel Macau makes for an ideal starting point for exploring the historic centre of Macau. Tourists should not miss landmarks in... More
Grand Lapa Macau invites travellers to elegant accommodations and state-of-the-art resort amenities ideally set in the city centre and near business and entertainment districts. Tourists at this... More
Refine your search
- Barrier Gate hotels
- Sun Yat Sen Park hotels
- Lin Zexu Museum hotels
- Canidromo hotels
- Mongha Hill hotels
- Kun Lam Temple hotels
- The Red Market hotels
- Communications Museum hotels
- Lou Lim Leoc Garden hotels
- Guia Hill hotels
- Camoes Garden hotels
- Macau Ferry Terminal hotels