Plaza de Armas hotels
Plaza de Armas
Plaza de Armas, the historic main square of the Chilean capital Santiago de Chile, was built by Spanish Conquistador, Pedro de Valdivia in 1541. Since then, it has been the city’s centre of attraction and a social hub for residents and foreign tourists alike. The palm-shaded square is lined with many of Santiago’s most prominent historic building, many featuring exquisite neo-classical facades. Apart from its historical attributes, this bustling plaza also has many cafes, restaurants and shops along the streets branching out around it. If you love people-watching, café gossiping, or just window shopping, be sure to visit this square.
- Set your sights on ‘Edificio de Correo Central’ (Central Post Office), one of the most architecturally appealing buildings around Plaza de Armas, a true Chilean national monument.
- Feel like a royal at ‘Palacio de la Audiencia de Santiago’, once home to the royal courts of justice, seat of government until 1846, and now site of the National History Museum of Chile.
- Get inspired by the exceptionally beautiful exterior and interior of ‘Catedral Metropolitana de Santiago’ (Metropolitan Cathedral), also a national monument of Chile.
The main air gateway to the city is the Santiago Airport. Two bus services are available at the airport which connects it to the city centre and Plaza de Armas, with buses departing every 10 minutes. However, to avoid heavy road traffic after the Pajaritos Metro station, leave the bus at this station and board a Metro L-1 train to the city centre. The trip will take no more than 10 to 15 minutes. Metro L-5 trains are ideal as they stop right below the city centre. Public buses also cover main city routes round the clock, including Plaza de Armas.
- Santiago hotels (99 hotels)
- Easter Island hotels (3 hotels)
- San Pedro De Atacama hotels (9 hotels)
- Valparaiso hotels (10 hotels)
- Iquique hotels (8 hotels)
- Puerto Varas hotels (9 hotels)
- Punta Arenas hotels (5 hotels)
- Puerto Montt hotels (10 hotels)
- Antofagasta hotels (6 hotels)
- Concepcion hotels (9 hotels)
69 hotels near Plaza de Armas
Offering cosy accommodation and convenient facilities, the Hotel Plaza San Francisco is a perfect place for both business and leisure travellers. GeneralA well equipped business centre as well as... More
Park Suite Apartment Huerfanos Santiago invites travellers to its contemporary accommodation housed in a French-style property in the centre of the Santiago. The modern hotel places tourists a few... More
Whether in Santiago for business or leisure, travellers find suitable base at the sleek accommodations of Hotel Ismael 312. After attending to corporate matters at Santiago central business... More
Featuring free Wi-Fi and a free French breakfast, Hotel Boutique Castillo Rojo offers accommodations in Santiago. Santa Lucia and San Cristobal hill are a 15-minute walk away.Rooms at Hotel... More
This property is an ideal place for business or leisure travellers and for those who want to explore the city. GeneralThe 5 well-appointed conference rooms that can accommodate up to 650 delegates... More
Business and leisure travellers visiting the capital of Chile find ideal base in the tasteful accommodations of centrally located Lastarria Boutique Hotel Santiago. Tourists at this boutique hotel... More
Situated amid museums and designer stores, Soho Santiago Apartments makes for a perfect base in Bellas Artes District with its tasteful apartments and serene environment. Must-visit landmarks such... More
The Singular Santiago is a five-star luxury hotel located in the Lastarria Neighborhood in the heart of downtown Santiago. The hotel was designed specifically to fit seamlessly into this iconic... More
The property with its comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities is an ideal base for experiencing an exciting and adventurous vacation in the city of Santiago. GeneralThe hotel also... More