Notre-Dame Basilica hotels
The original Montreal, Quebec, Notre-Dame Basilica was built in 1672 in Old Montreal, the city's historic district. In 1824, a new building was designed to accommodate its growing congregation. Featuring a Gothic Revival architecture and a deep blue ceiling, decorated with golden stars, this beautiful cathedral is a top attraction. A smaller chapel is located to the rear of the cathedral, and the church became the Notre-Dame Basilica in 1982, when its status was changed by Pope John Paul II. The decorative woodwork was handcrafted in 1870, and its spectacular stained glass windows depict the religious history of Old Montreal.
- Visit the Montreal, Quebec, Notre-Dame Basilica to enjoy a guided tour that highlights the history and beautiful cathedral architecture, or enjoy a self-guided tour with the help of informational pamphlets in the lobby.
- Enjoy a concert in the organ balcony or attend one of the rehearsals of Pierre Grandmaison at the Notre-Dame Basilica, a unique way to hear the organist perform well-known pieces.
- Attend a concert by famous orchestras, chamber groups, or attend concerts by the Montreal, Quebec, Notre-Dame Basilica choir.
The Montreal, Quebec's Notre-Dame Basilica is located on Notre-Dame Street West. For visitors coming to the Notre-Dame Basilica via public transportation, use the Orange line to go to Place d'Armes Station. Get off the train at Saint-Urbain Street and walk to Place D'Armes Square. Buses run regularly to the Notre-Dame Basilica. Saint Laurent bus number. 55 provides routes southbound to Notre-Dame Street and stops near the basilica. Visitors may also rent a car in Montreal and drive to the Basilica. Tours are available seven days a week, and taxis services are available throughout the city.
Renovated in an ultra-contemporary style, Montreal Central located in the heart of downtown, among Montreal's most unforgettable points of interest. In 1875, a French entrepreneur built a luxurious... More
Welcome to the Days Inn Montreal Downtown, an elegant and peaceful retreat in the heart of Montreal. Whether its for business or pleasure, this hotel offers everything to make your stay in Montreal... More
Good hotel deal
Intercontinental Hotel in Montreal is a five-star boutique with intimate atmosphere. In the centre of downtown, the hotel provides easy access to Montreal's business district and a short walk to... More
Customer Service is Lacking
Chic and contemporary, Hotel Zero 1 Montreal makes for an ideal base for business and leisure travellers with its deluxe accommodations, personalised service and central location. This stylish... More
Great location, chic hotel.
Remodelled from an 1871 historic building in the heart of Old Montreal, Hotel Gault Montreal makes for an ideal base for history lovers, holidaymakers, vacationing couples and business travellers... More
Excellent accommodations and great services coupled with dedicated attention makes your stay a pleasurable experience when you are at the Le Westin Hotel Montreal during your vacation. GeneralThis... More
Excellent place to relax at the end of city breaks.
The Hotel Le Crystal features contemporary design and offers first-class accommodation as well as various facilities to make your stay an enjoyable one. The Bell Center, the Palais des Congres, the... More
1050 de la Gauchetiere West Map
Rate includes breakfast
Brilliantly bridging the old with the new, the Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel in the heart of a vibrant downtown, just steps away from Old Montreal, provides an optimum location for your... More
475 President Kennedy Avenue Map
Already discounted rate, non refundable
Delta Hotel Montreal provides good standards of comfort for travellers on business or leisure stays. The quality services offered at this hotel allows travellers to plan for an extended stay.... More
Nelligan Hotel Montreal offers travellers plush European-styled accommodations housed in a 19th-century building in the bustling centre of this Quebec metropolis. Holidaymakers in Montreal spend... More
Refine your search
- Notre-Dame Basilica (Basilique Notre-Dame) hotels
- Rue St-Paul hotels
- Museum of Archaeology and History (Pointe-a-Calliere Museum) hotels
- Montreal Science Centre hotels
- Quays of the Old Port of Montreal (Quais du Vieux-Port de Montreal) hotels
- Place Jacques-Cartier hotels
- Old Montreal (Vieux-Montreal) hotels
- St. Patrick's Basilica hotels
- Underground City hotels
- Place des Arts hotels
- Lachine Canal (Canal du Lachine) hotels
- Cathedral of Marie-Reine-du-Monde hotels