At first glance, Downtown Toronto appears to be a sea of towering concrete and glass buildings, which one might expect in such an economic powerhouse. Whilst clearly appealing to architecture enthusiasts and historians, the average tourist might be a bit reluctant to explore further based on pictures alone. Upon closer inspection, visitors to Downtown will find that there are plenty of things to see and do during their stay, whether taking in a performance of the Canadian Opera Company, enjoying a historic walking tour of Downtown Toronto, or appreciating the rich artistic culture there.
- Experience the colourful film and theatre scene that Downtown Toronto has to offer whilst attending a show at one of the famed theatres in the Clubland Entertainment District: The Royal Alexandra or The Princess of Wales Theatre.
- Spend a relaxing day of indulgence browsing the many shops and sampling local flavours in the St Lawrence Market before attending a hockey game at the Air Canada Centre to root for the much beloved Maple Leafs.
- Enjoy the breath-taking views of Downtown Toronto (and much of the continent it seems) from CN Tower, the tallest free-standing structure in the Americas at an astounding 553 metres high.
Travellers will find that getting to Downtown Toronto is very convenient, with numerous options including plane, train, and automobile. Toronto Island Airport has flights arriving daily and is located conveniently in the Harbourfront district along the northern shore of Lake Ontario. There is a free bus operated by Porter providing transport from the airport to historic Union Station, which serves more than 250,000 passengers daily. Public transportation is widely available and varied for tourists to use whilst exploring Downtown Toronto.
What travelers to Downtown are saying
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto offers comfortable accommodations in one of Canada's most exciting cities. The hotel is close to many of the city's best attractions and offers discounted admission to Casa... More
Elevators are this hotels downfall
65 Dundas Street East Map
Business Advantage - Arrival Day Cancel
Bond Place Hotel Toronto invites holidaymakers to a cosy accommodation conveniently set in the heart of Toronto. Vacationers at this boutique hotel are within easy access to local attractions such... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, this attractive property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Toronto. GeneralThe hotel offers well-appointed meeting rooms for... More
Grand daughter's treat
1 King Street West, Map
Save 20% on your stay!
Offering the conveniences expected in today's fast paced world, while providing a level of service that is reminiscent of a more sincere, personal and refined era, One King West Hotel and Residence... More
Great stay for the whole family
60 York Street Map
Business Advantage - Arrival Day Cancel
This modern and attractive building features a great location and impeccable services combined with exclusive facilities to make your stay an unforgettable one. GeneralFeaturing a selection of... More
Met expectations very well
A modern retreat equipped with event spaces, Thompson Toronto welcomes corporate and leisure travellers looking to spend time in this vibrant Canada city. While on a Toronto trip, tourists at this... More
The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto offers luxury accommodations in one of the most convenient locations in downtown Toronto. Guests are close to the Toronto Island Airport, the CN Tower and less... More
Toronto overnight accommodation
Assuring a warm welcome and flawless service, Hotel Novotel Toronto Centre with its comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities is an ideal place to reside while in Toronto. ... More
Central to town
225 Jarvis Street Map
Complimentary Wi-Fi and Breakfast
Grand Hotel and Suites Toronto invites discerning business and leisure travellers to chic accommodations in a central Toronto location. Visitors first explore Fort York National Historic Site and... More
Refine your search
- University of Toronto hotels
- The AGO, Art gallery of Ontario hotels
- Bata Shoe Museum hotels
- Royal Conservatory of Music hotels
- Royal Ontario Museum hotels
- Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts hotels
- Yorkville hotels
- Eaton Centre hotels
- Princess of Wales Theatre hotels
- Pantages Theatre hotels
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra hotels
- Mackenzie House hotels