Recreio dos Bandeirantes hotels
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Recreio dos Bandeirantes is a quiet neighbourhood located in the Barra da Tijuca region of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Recreio dos Bandeirantes features a beautiful stretch of tranquil beach that is flanked by verdant jungles that sit atop intimidating rocky cliffs. Development of the area began in the 1960’s when affluent citizens from Rio de Janeiro started building homes along the scenic coast to get away from the bustle and crime of the city. Although it is a recent development with no major skyscrapers the area is becoming more popular with tourists looking for peace outside of the city.
- Surf the massive waves that pound the shores of Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach, where you will find some of Rio de Janeiro's best surfers looking for the perfect wave.
- Head to the western end of Recreio dos Bandeirantes and enjoy hiking, cycling and other ecotourism activities at the Marapendi Environment Protection Area.
- Admire more than 8,000 art pieces made by hundreds of artists, including the Jacques Van de Beuque collection at the Museu Casa do Pontal, one of the best new art museums in Rio de Janeiro.
Recreio dos Bandeirantes is located about an hour from Rio’s city centre and can be reached in a number of ways. The Galeão International Airport is the main gateway to Rio de Janeiro and there are shuttle buses that go directly to the city centre. From there you can find bus transport to this area. Many people choose to get there by private or hired car, Recreio dos Bandeirantes is well connected to Rio by a network of motorways. The area around the beach is perfect for exploring on foot or on hired motorbike.
- Rio De Janeiro hotels (83 hotels)
- Sao Paulo hotels (102 hotels)
- Niteroi hotels (2 hotels)
- Foz Do Iguacu hotels (25 hotels)
- Brasilia hotels (19 hotels)
- Belo Horizonte hotels (21 hotels)
- Salvador hotels (30 hotels)
- Praia do Forte hotels (2 hotels)
- Angra Dos Reis hotels (6 hotels)
- Recife hotels (6 hotels)
81 hotels near Recreio dos Bandeirantes
For business or leisure, guests can relax and enjoy this property, privilege located beachfront.30 years of experience in hotel business, providing quality and great services. Laundry and beach... More
Av Salvador Allende 6555 Map
The Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro is located in the Riocentro Convention and Exhibition Center in Barra da Tijuca, the largest of its kind in Latin America, close to the Olympic Village, Rock in... More
Travellers in Rio de Janeiro find an idyllic retreat in Miramar Hotel By Windsor, offering sophisticated spaces and upscale amenities strategically set steps away from Copacabana Beach. From this... More
Facing Copacabana Beach, the Rio Othon Palace offers its guests far more than a privileged view of one of the world's loveliest and most famous shorelines. GeneralGuests at Rio Othon Palace can... More
Featuring stylish accommodations and beachfront location, Windsor Atlantica creates an ideal holiday destination for travellers seeking to experience the bustling Rio de Janeiro. Apart from... More
Featuring cosy spaces right on the shores of Copacabana Beach, Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel makes for an ideal holiday retreat for holidaymakers visiting the lively city of Rio de Janeiro.... More
Sant'Martre is a hospitality and well being center built in the heart of Santa Teresa, a lovely neighborhood set on the hills of Rio de Janeiro, overlooking Guanabara Bay. Here, the hills meet the... More
Promenade Barra First Hotel Rio De Janeiro boasts of elegant and sophisticated accommodations fused with top-notch facilities in a convenient Barra da Tijuca location. Ideally located, this Rio De... More