Maracana Soccer Stadium hotels
Maracana is a middle-class residential neighbourhood situated in the northern zone of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In addition to the large number of families that live in Maracana, there are several universities that give the area a young vibe. Maracana is mainly known for sport, as it is the home to Estadio Jornalista Mário Filho, also known as Maracana Stadium, one of the largest stadiums in the world and host to the biggest World Cup crowd of all time. Maracana will be an Olympic Zone during the 2016 Olympics so there has been a lot of recent renovation.
- Visit the museum at Maracana Stadium and you can see exhibits that tell the interesting history of football in Rio de Janeiro, including several artefacts from actual World Cup matches.
- Take a ride around the Espaço Mané Garrincha bike path that goes around Maracana Stadium, and you will enjoy more than 1,700 metres of path as you admire the architecture of the massive stadium.
- Enjoy exciting horse racing while in Rio de Janeiro with a trip to the Maracana Horse Track, a great way to add some exciting wagers to your trip.
Maracana is located outside of the city centre of Rio de Janeiro, so it is not hard to get there using public transportation. From the main bus terminal in the city centre there are several bus routes that pass through Maracana, most of which stop near Maracana Stadium. The neighbourhood is also connected by motorways for those with private cars, but traffic can be wild, so plan wisely, as the trip from the city centre can take much longer during peak times. If there is a football match it is best to take public transport, as parking is limited.
- Rio De Janeiro hotels (83 hotels)
- Sao Paulo hotels (102 hotels)
- Niteroi hotels (2 hotels)
- Belo Horizonte hotels (21 hotels)
- Foz Do Iguacu hotels (25 hotels)
- Brasilia hotels (19 hotels)
- Salvador hotels (30 hotels)
- Praia do Forte hotels (2 hotels)
- Angra Dos Reis hotels (6 hotels)
- Recife hotels (6 hotels)
83 hotels near Maracana Soccer Stadium
Sant'Martre is a hospitality and well being center built in the heart of Santa Teresa, a lovely neighborhood set on the hills of Rio de Janeiro, overlooking Guanabara Bay. Here, the hills meet the... More
Rua Almirante Alexandrino 660, Santa Teresa Map
Travel away from the hubbub of urban life and have a relaxing stay in any of the lavish spaces of Relais & Chateaux Hotel Santa Teresa, set within convenient distance of top Rio de Janeiro... More
Rio 180 Boutique Hotel offers modern amenities, strategic location and sophisticated suites featuring tasteful design inspired by attractions in Rio de Janeiro. A visit to this part of Brazil is... More
The hotel Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro opened in December 2014 and is located in the historic centre of Rio de Janeiro, in the famous Lapa district, full of bars and restaurants, which is the center... More
Rio's Nice Hotel Rio De Janeiro is a suitable base for holidaymakers looking for comfy yet affordable rooms close to the cultural sites in the heart of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Tourists can start... More
A few steps from the of Flamingo beach, in Rio de Janeiro, the Windsor Florida Hotel is an excellent choice of accommodation in the Cidade Maravilhosa. The historical carioca charm and the typical... More
For those who want to explore Copacabana, the "Princess of the Sea" it is only a ten- minute drive from the hotel. Apart from the excellent location the hotel offers comfortable and new... More
Strategically set in the central business district, close to local attractions and transport options, Novotel Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont makes for a fitting starting point for travellers in the... More
Mercure Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel welcomes travellers to comfortable accommodations while in this side of Brazil for business or recreation. Apart from attending conventions at Centro... More