Gavea is an affluent neighbourhood situated in the Southern Zone of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In the early 20th century, Gavea was primarily known for hosting car races, but after the construction of roads further connected the area to Rio de Janeiro, real estate development began in earnest and wealthy Rio citizens started building homes there. Even though Gavea is largely residential, it is still popular with tourists and locals due to the exciting nightlife, chic restaurants, and many cultural attractions and theatres. Gavea is also popular among young artists and has many European-style cafes with a Bohemian flare.
- Marvel at the stars at the Gavea Planetarium, a collection of interactive science displays that have long delighted and educated Rio de Janeiro citizens of all ages.
- Catch a concert of local Rio de Janeiro musicians at the “living art centre” known as Gavea House, the centre for arts and culture in the area that offers courses in everything from theatre to TV writing.
- Explore the winding, tree lined paths of City Park, a conservation area located in Gavea that features a meandering stream and a plethora of local wildlife.
Gavea is centrally located in Rio de Janeiro and lies close to Leblon, Lagoa, Jardim Botânico, making it easy to reach using public transportation or private car. Buses are probably the most popular form of local transport and there are a number of routes that leave from the Rio de Janeiro city centre and pass through Gavea, stopping at busy areas and shopping centres. Many people come to the area for the Pedra da Gavea trail that leads to an 852 metre summit that offers great views of the city.
- Rio De Janeiro hotels (81 hotels)
- Sao Paulo hotels (102 hotels)
- Niteroi hotels (2 hotels)
- Foz Do Iguacu hotels (25 hotels)
- Salvador hotels (30 hotels)
- Brasilia hotels (19 hotels)
- Belo Horizonte hotels (21 hotels)
- Praia do Forte hotels (2 hotels)
- Recife hotels (7 hotels)
- Angra Dos Reis hotels (6 hotels)
83 hotels near Gavea
Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort Rio De Janeiro enjoys an enviable reputation in the city as the only resort and beachfront property offering the tropical ambience for one who seeks planning a trip to... More
Gavea Tropical Boutique Hotel has a unique atmosphere located in the Atlantic forest in the hills of Gavea where the hotel guests can interact with wild animals that live in the surroundings, like... More
Marina Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro welcomes discerning holidaymakers to tastefully appointed accommodations on the shores of Leblon Beach. This ideally located boutique hotel offers an idyllic base... More
Facing, one of the most beautiful beaches of Rio, Praia Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro offers visitors the comfort and convenience of home. One of the interesting place to visit is Amsterdam Sauer... More
When you are not out soaking up the Brazilian sun at the nearby Leblon Beach, you can fully relax at the hotel pool or unwind in the steam room. At night, check out a show at the Platforma... More
Featuring luxurious accommodation and excellent facilities, Hotel Marina All Suites Rio De Janeiro is a chic haven of peace, which offers the perfect blend of maximum comfort and immaculate... More
Leblon All Suites Design Hostel invites travellers to cosy accommodations while in a stopover or holiday in Rio de Janeiro. Guests can explore and have a hike at the well-known Corcovado and stop... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Royal Tulip Rio De Janeiro Hotel makes for an ideal retreat for discerning business and leisure travellers visiting beautiful Rio De Janeiro. At the hotel, tourists find... More
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sol Ipanema Hotel provides you all the modern facilities and conveniences that are needed for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. GeneralThe BEST WESTERN PLUS Sol Ipanema... More