Floresta da Tijuca hotels
Floresta da Tijuca
The Tijuca Forest in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is locally known as Floresta da Tijuca. The rain forest is located in the Tijuca National Park and is the largest urban forest in the world, home to hundreds of extremely rare species of plant and animal life. Adding to the exotic allures of the rain forest, are numerous attractions both natural, such as spectacular waterfalls and mountains, and man-made including the world famous Christo Redentorstatue . The views from the forest are breath taking and the historic landmarks are amazing including several monuments to Brazil’s first emperors.
- Go for a hike up Corcovado Mountain to where the world famous 40-metre Christo Redentor or Christ the Redeemer Statue stands watch over Rio de Janeiro for a fabulous view.
- Explore Brazil’s fabulous past at the Museu do Açude, a museum showcasing ancient Portuguese, Oriental and Mayan artefacts as well as works by contemporary Brazilian artists located right in the middle of Floresta da Tijuca.
- View the Capela Mayrink, a fabulous chapel and architectural masterpiece with panels painted by the talented modernist artist Cândido Portinari.
International travellers can take advantage of Brazil’s numerous international airports to fly into Rio de Janeiro. Travel by jeep is the best way to explore the Floresta da Tijuca and there are several excellent tour companies offering tours into the forest. Taxis can drop you off at Alta Boa Vista while the metro will take you to Saens Pena. The bus 233 travels to the forest and just at the entrance to the forest is a place where you can buy a map. From there many marked walking trails will guide you through this magnificent hand-planted forest.
- Rio De Janeiro hotels (84 hotels)
- Sao Paulo hotels (93 hotels)
- Niteroi hotels (2 hotels)
- Foz Do Iguacu hotels (28 hotels)
- Brasilia hotels (17 hotels)
- Belo Horizonte hotels (19 hotels)
- Salvador hotels (31 hotels)
- Praia do Forte hotels (2 hotels)
- Angra Dos Reis hotels (6 hotels)
- Jericoacoara hotels (3 hotels)
85 hotels near Floresta da Tijuca
Gavea Tropical Boutique Hotel has a unique atmosphere located in the Atlantic forest in the hills of Gavea where the hotel guests can interact with wild animals that live in the surroundings, like... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Royal Tulip Rio De Janeiro Hotel makes for an ideal retreat for discerning business and leisure travellers visiting beautiful Rio De Janeiro. At the hotel, tourists find... More
Featuring luxurious accommodation and excellent facilities, Hotel Marina All Suites Rio De Janeiro is a chic haven of peace, which offers the perfect blend of maximum comfort and immaculate... More
When you are not out soaking up the Brazilian sun at the nearby Leblon Beach, you can fully relax at the hotel pool or unwind in the steam room. At night, check out a show at the Platforma... More
Marina Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro welcomes discerning holidaymakers to tastefully appointed accommodations on the shores of Leblon Beach. This ideally located boutique hotel offers an idyllic base... More
Facing, one of the most beautiful beaches of Rio, Praia Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro offers visitors the comfort and convenience of home. One of the interesting place to visit is Amsterdam Sauer... More
Leblon All Suites Design Hostel invites travellers to cosy accommodations while in a stopover or holiday in Rio de Janeiro. Guests can explore and have a hike at the well-known Corcovado and stop... More
Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort Rio De Janeiro enjoys an enviable reputation in the city as the only resort and beachfront property offering the tropical ambience for one who seeks planning a trip to... More
A charming choice that you will feel at home at immediately, the Promenade Visconti offers you great location in the heart of Ipanema Beach, putting you near the famous Brazilian sun and surf, and... More