Christ the Redeemer hotels
Christ the Redeemer
The Christ the Redeemer statue is one of the most distinctive landmarks in Rio de Janeiro, standing 38 metres tall atop Corcovado Mountain. Inaugurated in 1931, the statue attracts visitors from all over the world each year and has even been added to the list of the “New Seven Wonders of the World.” Much of the statue’s appeal is due to its breathtaking location, which gives visitors an extraordinary vantage point over the city and its surrounding area. Nature lovers who travel to the Christ the Redeemer statue can enjoy touring the nearby forests and cliffs.
- Take a hiking trip along the Parque Lage trail on Corcovado Mountain, where you can spot three waterfalls along the way to the Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Book a sightseeing tour provided by one of the local Rio de Janeiro tour companies, many of which offer trips to both the Christ the Redeemer statue and the Tijuca Rainforest.
- Visit the small chapel at the base of the statue before you step outside to take a scenic picture of the Rio de Janeiro skyline as seen from the mountaintop.
Most air travellers who come to Rio de Janeiro land at Galeao – Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport. From the airport, guests can take one of the Real company buses to Rio. Getting to the Christ the Redeemer Statue, though, is a bit trickier. Visitors can take the city’s subway system to the Largo do Machado Station and then connect with bus number 580, which stops at Corcovado Station. To reach the Christ the Redeemer statue itself, guests then need to take either a van or the funicular train to the top of Corcovado Mountain.
- Rio De Janeiro hotels (84 hotels)
- Sao Paulo hotels (93 hotels)
- Foz Do Iguacu hotels (28 hotels)
- Niteroi hotels (2 hotels)
- Brasilia hotels (17 hotels)
- Belo Horizonte hotels (18 hotels)
- Salvador hotels (31 hotels)
- Praia do Forte hotels (2 hotels)
- Recife hotels (8 hotels)
- Angra Dos Reis hotels (6 hotels)
85 hotels near Christ the Redeemer
Rio 180 Boutique Hotel offers modern amenities, strategic location and sophisticated suites featuring tasteful design inspired by attractions in Rio de Janeiro. A visit to this part of Brazil is... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, Mar Palace Copacabana Hotel is the perfect base for you to reside whether you are in Rio de Janeiro for business or pleasure. GeneralGuests... More
Rua da Passagem 39 Map
Providing plush accommodations set close to transport links and local points of interest, Mercure Botafogo Mourisco (anteriormente Caesar Business) creates an ideal base for travellers in the... More
Mercure Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel welcomes travellers to comfortable accommodations while in this side of Brazil for business or recreation. Apart from attending conventions at Centro... More
The hotel features 71 modern rooms, and excellent structure, including fitness center, sauna, restaurant, WiFi and Free breakfast More
Whether you are at Rio de Janeiro for business or pleasure, the Atlantico Copacabana Hotel offers you convenient facilities and intends to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralThe Atlantico... More
Travellers seeking for a business visit or leisure holiday in the vibrant city of Rio De Janeiro find ideal base at the modern accommodations of Hotel Atlantico Rio. Aside from frolicking on the... More
Situated two blocks away from the famous Copacabana Beach, Hotel Astoria Copacabana makes for an ideal base for tourists seeking for a beach vacation in the tourist city of Rio de Janeiro. Visitors... More
With sleek spaces set close to the famous Copacabana Beach, Mirador Rio Copacabana Hotel makes for a suitable base for travellers in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Apart from swimming in the nearby... More