Paradise Island hotels
Paradise Island, Bahamas
Located off the east coast of the United States, Paradise Island, an island in the Bahamas, is the place to be for a picturesque outing in the blue ocean waters. It offers entertainment and enjoyment in the form of the Ocean Club Golf Course, marine parks and aquariums. It is best known for the sprawling Vegas-by-the-sea resort, Atlantis.
Paradise Island History
- Pirates of Nassau Museum – Be entertained as you learn some of history of the island.
- Queen's Staircase – When Queen Victoria aided in the abolition of slavery in the island, the former slaves built this to honour her.
- Junkanoo Expo – Every year, the islands put on the Junkanoo Parade, and you can see exhibits of parades past.
- Fort Fincastle – Explore the old fort and see panoramic views of Paradise Island and the sea.
- Fort Charlotte – Constructed in 1787, this fort features underground tunnels.
Paradise Island Art & Culture
- Doongalik Studios – An art gallery featuring work by Bahamian Artists.
- Popopstudios Centre for the Visual Arts – A historic house in Paradise Island, home to both gallery and studios upstairs for local artists.
- Rain Forest Theatre – See a show at this venue for the performing arts, such as musicals and dramas.
- Dundas Theatre of the Performing Arts – Features performances in music, dance and drama throughout the year.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas – This gallery is committed to both educating about the history of Bahamian art and supporting contemporary Bahamian artists.
Paradise Island Shopping
- Marina Village – A lovely outdoor shopping centre with specialty shops and local women offering to braid hair for a small fee.
- Harbour Bay Shopping Centre – This large shopping area is great for families.
- Straw Market – Pop over to Nassau and watch these artisans weave straw into baskets, hats and more.
- Bahama Hand Prints – This screen-printing company offers tours of the facility and sells clothing, handbags and accessories in the adjoining boutique.
- Bay Street – The shopping mecca of Paradise Island has a seemingly endless number of shops.
Gay & Lesbian Paradise Island
- Kokomo – Finding gay venues is difficult in the Bahamas, but this little club is a gay bar.
- Above and Beyond Tours – Offers tours to the LGBT community.
- Now, Voyager – This company provides gay cruises, including ones to Paradise Island.
- Olivia Cruises & Resorts – Another company that offers gay and lesbian tours and vacations.
- Princess Cruise Lines – This premiere cruise line has just about anything you could want.
Paradise Island Outdoor
- Waterscape – One of the most amazing water parks with an aquarium, swimming pools and a walkway that go under the aquarium so you can see the fish swim above you.
- Versailles Gardens and French Cloister – These beautiful gardens are also a popular wedding spot in Paradise Island.
- Marine Habitat at Atlantis – There is no larger marine park anywhere in the world.
- Dolphin Close Encounter – Swim with the dolphins or pet and feed California sea lions.
- Sandy Toes – Visitors to this island find that half the island is for relaxing on the beach while the other half is set up for dancing and parties.
Paradise Island Sport
- Golf on the island at either the Paradise Island Club or Ocean Club golf course.
- Scuba dive at the Tongue-of-the-Ocean or perhaps near a sunken ship.
- Take a charter out into the Atlantic Ocean for some deep-sea fishing.
- Playing tennis is done at the Queen Elizabeth Sports Centre.
- Go horseback riding on the beach or take a guided tour of the south side of Paradise Island.
Paradise Island Attractions
- Predator Lagoon of Paradise Island
- Marine Habitat Park
- Dolphin Cay Atlantis
Paradise Island Activities
- Take a Robinson Crusoe Island tour in the ambiance of secluded beaches
- Shop to your heart’s content at the Marina Village
- Go Paradise Island style scuba diving and enjoy 40 waterfalls and underwater walkways at Waterscape Park
Paradise Island Climate
Summer is the best time to visit Paradise Island. The temperatures remain in the mid-20s °C (77°F) range throughout the year, although it gets chilly during winter evenings and mornings. Rainfall is experienced primarily in fall and summer, with annual precipitation of 1,300 mm (51 inches).
Getting There & Around
For the executive passengers who love lavish and luxurious ambiance, chartered and private flights are the way to go to Paradise Island. Various cruise ships and private boats are also available.The islands are well connected by air-conditioned ferries. One can also move around on hired scooters available on the major islands. Taxis are available from Nassau Airport to the ferry docks, from which all the islands are connected.
Atlantis Coral Tower Resort Paradise Island is a luxurious oasis with stylish rooms amidst leisure attractions and tropical surroundings in Nassau, Bahamas. While on a Paradise Island holiday,... More
Welcome to the romantic privacy of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bay View Suites Paradise Island Hotel, where couples, families and friends can enjoy vacationing together, only minutes away from all the... More
With cosy accommodations set in a convenient location close to top tourist destinations, Comfort Suites Paradise Island makes for a suitable base for discerning holidaymakers exploring Paradise... More
Boasting luxurious accommodations with direct access to white sand and vast ocean, The Reef Atlantis Resort Paradise Island makes for a grand getaway destination in The Bahamas. While in the famed... More
Travellers looking for a relaxing and fun Caribbean holiday find suitable base at the contemporary architecture and ocean-inspired design of Atlantis Royal Towers Resort Paradise Island. Aside from... More
Set within Atlantis Resort, Atlantis Beach Tower Resort Paradise Island makes for an ideal base for family-friendly Caribbean vacations in Paradise Island. This relaxed resort offers comfortable... More
The Cove Atlantis Resort Paradise Island invites holidaymakers to a luxurious Bahamas escapade with elegant open-plan accommodations and bustling island night life. While on a Paradise Island... More
Paradise Island Beach club is a beach front resort nestling on 3.5 acres of property. The airy open tropical feel of the tropics extends into your villa. The property comprises of 44, two bedroom... More
With sophisticated spaces, recreation amenities and ideal location near beaches, The Warwick, Paradise Island, The Bahamas makes for an idyllic retreat in Paradise Island. Apart from frolicking on... More