The late 19th century was a time when the world’s artists were experimenting with new ideas, breaking free from the conservative, traditional styles that were standard for all exhibition spaces at the time, including those at the Vienna Künstlerhaus. Many famous artists in Vienna seceded from the Künstlerhaus to form the Secessionist movement, ultimately exhibiting their more abstract works in their own exhibition house, which they simply dubbed The Secession. More than 150 years later, visitors can still enjoy the ground-breaking Secession pieces and the contemporary works they have inspired at the Secession, an artistic masterpiece in itself, designed by architect Joseph Maria Olbrich.
- Come see the world-famous Beethoven Frieze. Originally painted by Gustav Klimt for the 14th Vienna Secessionist exhibition, this painting celebrating composer Ludwig van Beethoven has become an icon of the Secessionist movement.
- See current Secession exhibits featuring avant-garde artists from Vienna and around the world. Unlike other exhibition spaces, the Secession chooses its pieces democratically, selecting works based on artistic merit rather than on name recognition.
- Visit the Secession for free art education on Saturdays and Sundays when art experts can be found onsite to answer questions and give information about the exhibits.
Vienna International Airport is 21 kilometres from the Secession hall via the A4 motorway. From the airport, there are plenty of public transportation options for those who do not drive, including numerous S-Bahn commuter train and airport shuttle bus lines, as well as taxis and the City Airport Train. Secession hall is located near 12 Friedrichstraße street, which is served by U-Bahn Lines U1, U2, and U4 at Karlsplatz station. Since the museum is located in the cultural centre of the city, you can walk or bike to other interesting attractions.
The Ring Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel offers quality accommodation and convenient facilities to make the guests feel comfortable. Some of the major city attractions include Danube Tower, Imperial... More
Proverbial Viennese charm and a tradition look certainly makes the Erzherzog Rainer the ideal place for an enjoyable holiday. GeneralFor business travellers, Erzherzog Rainer provides a excellent... More
Cordial hospitality and top quality services are offered to guests at Hotel Am Parkring Vienna. Along with its amenities, this hotel also offers personalised services and Southern hospitality.... More
Kaerntner Strasse 32-34 Map
Stay 2 nights & save 15%!
Tourists seeking to explore the vibrant Austria capital find ideal base at the comfortable accommodations of Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien. This Vienna hotel places holidaymakers within two... More
With stylish well-equipped accommodations set close to transportation links and top tourist go-to destinations, Pakat Suites Hotel creates an ideal starting point for sophisticated travellers in... More
Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna is a centrally located accommodation that combines traditional Viennese elegance and modern amenities for business and leisure travellers exploring the city of... More
Location and Comfort
Josefstaedter Strasse 22 Map
Get 10% off Non Refundable
Cordial Theater Hotel Vienna is 10 minutes walk to Vorbei Am Rathaus, Dem Parlament, Town Hall, Burgtheater and the Hofburg. The hotel offers quality accommodation and friendly services for its... More
The Grand Hotel Wien Vienna offers a living reminder of the majestic age of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, combined with truly luxurious accommodation for those who are accustomed to the very highest... More
The heart of Vienna beats on the Stephansplatz. You will not be able to get closer to the pulse of this city than at the HOTEL AM STEPHANSPLATZ! As a business or individual traveler, the central... More
Refine your search
- Theater an der Wien hotels
- Vienna State Opera hotels
- Burggarten hotels
- Wiener Musikverein hotels
- Kunsthistorisches Museum hotels
- Ringstrasse hotels
- Hofburg Imperial Palace hotels
- Leopold Museum hotels
- Majolikahaus hotels
- Maria Theresien Platz hotels
- Kapuzinergruft hotels
- Nationalbibliothek hotels