Visitors to Vienna’s Prater are often surprised to learn that the modern amusement park boasts a history that stretches back to 1766, when the Austrian emperor gave a plot of hunting ground to Vienna to create a leisure park. Local trades people opened concessions around the park, and the foundation was built for today's Wurstelprater. Prater made history as the sight for Vienna's only World Exhibition in 1873. Over the years the park has survived ravages of fires and World War II, but concerted restorations have ensured that it will remain a valued family entertainment venue for many years to come.
- Explore Vienna of the 1900s at nostalgic Reisenrdplatz, which includes Madam Tussaud's waxworks, the Praterdome multi-hall music venue, the old-fashioned Giant Ferris Wheel, and the futuristic Miraculous amphitheatre.
- Enjoy the best gastronomical delights in Vienna at unique Prater eateries like Schweizerhaus, home of pork knuckles and beer, and Eismher's gourmet ice cream parlour.
- Watch multi-media presentations, and learn about the universe at one of the most technological planetariums in the world.
Prater is located in the 2nd District, only eighteen kilometres from Vienna International Airport on the A4 motorway, and airport transportation options include commuter rail, bus or taxi. Be sure to negotiate cab prices before you get into the taxi. The country is well connected by rail, which is a favoured transport for visitors from Austria and other European countries. Parking is expensive, especially in the city centre where Prater is located. The meters are limited to 120 minutes as well. This is why many people use Vienna's efficient public transit to include buses, trams, subways and commuter trains.
Trabrennstrasse 4 Map
Rate includes breakfast
Stylish and sophisticated, Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Prater/Messe makes for an ideal starting point for exploring the wonders of the capital of Austria. From this Vienna hotel, tourists can... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Austria Trend Hotel Messe Wien Viennawelcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralDuring leisure, guests can relax at the cosy lobby or... More
Featuring Art Noveau spaces housed in a recreated 19th century Viennese building, BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia makes for an stylish haven for discerning travellers visiting the capital of... More
Offering ultimate luxury and excellent services, the Roomz Budget Design Hotel Vienna makes your stay a truly memorable one. GeneralBusiness travellers can avail the facilities of a well-equipped... More
Handelskai 269 Map
Rate includes 30% off & breakfast
Overlooking the spectacular Danube River, the Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel offers a host of amenities and is an ideal base for business and leisure patrons. GeneralThe Hilton Hotel offers 12... More
Refine your search
- Ernst Happel Stadium hotels
- Hundertwasserhaus hotels
- Vienna Park and Ferris Wheel hotels
- Riesenrad hotels
- Arenberg Park hotels
- Gasometers hotels
- Stadtpark hotels
- Kursalon hotels
- Wiener Konzerthaus hotels
- Mozarthaus Vienna hotels
- Belvedere Castle hotels
- Military History Museum hotels