The Heroes’ Square in Vienna, also known as Heldenplatz, was designed by Gottfried Semper in the 19th century as a central square of the Kaiserforum, a plan which was not fully achieved due to the end of Habsburg’s reign in 1918. Heroes’ Square will be etched in history as the ground upon which Adolf Hitler gave a speech to thousands of Austrians, and the world, announcing annexation (Anchluß) of Austria to the Third Reich in 1938. Visit this large windswept region after dark for an optimal historic thrill when the Neue Burg is illuminated.
- The Natural History Museum in Vienna is one of the top museums globally, housing millions of artefacts including displays of a large dinosaur and rare fossils as well as a giant topaz.
- Go to Bitzinger Augustinerkeller near Heroes’ Square, an old Austrian style eatery and wine cellar with a cosy atmosphere filled with accordion tunes, and where you can order traditional Austrian dishes like roast chicken or schnitzel and sample a large variety of wines and local beers.
- Visit Hofburg Imperial Palace in Vienna and marvel at the impressive structure combining different architectural styles.
Heroes’ Square is hard to miss, even when travelling on public transport. The Vienna City Hop-on Hop-off bus is one of the options for getting to that area. The tour bus goes through 15 stops along its route from the State Opera, and one of them is Heldenplatz. Another way of getting to Heroes’ Square is via the City Airport Train (CAT), which takes approximately 16 minutes from Vienna Airport to Heldenplatz. Commuter trains are also available and are a cheaper option than the CATs, but take a longer time to arrive in Vienna from the airport.
Cordial hospitality and top quality services are offered to guests at Hotel Am Parkring Vienna. Along with its amenities, this hotel also offers personalised services and Southern hospitality.... More
Family trip in hot August
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Stefanie Hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThis metropolitan hotel in the 2nd District offers meeting room that can host... More
Great Hotel in Vienna
The Ring Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel offers quality accommodation and convenient facilities to make the guests feel comfortable. Some of the major city attractions include Danube Tower, Imperial... More
The City Central Hotel Vienna is probably all that a seasoned business or leisure traveller can want in a hotel. GeneralBehind the stylish facade, the properties lavish architecture will impress... More
Explore the culture-rich and picturesque Austria capital with ease by booking a stay at the tastefully decorated and centrally situated accommodations of Pension Baronesse. This inviting Vienna... More
The elegant Hotel Amadeus Vienna makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to discover the wonders of heritage-rich Vienna. On a clear day, tourists can explore the historic centre of Vienna... More
Proverbial Viennese charm and a tradition look certainly makes the Erzherzog Rainer the ideal place for an enjoyable holiday. GeneralFor business travellers, Erzherzog Rainer provides a excellent... More
Excellent busget hotel
Josefstaedter Strasse 22 Map
Get 10% off Non Refundable
Cordial Theater Hotel Vienna is 10 minutes walk to Vorbei Am Rathaus, Dem Parlament, Town Hall, Burgtheater and the Hofburg. The hotel offers quality accommodation and friendly services for its... More
Kaerntner Strasse 32-34 Map
Stay 2 nights & save 15%!
Tourists seeking to explore the vibrant Austria capital find ideal base at the comfortable accommodations of Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien. This Vienna hotel places holidaymakers within two... More
Refine your search
- Sisi Museum hotels
- Hofburg Imperial Palace hotels
- Schatzkammer hotels
- Ringstrasse hotels
- Maria Theresien Platz hotels
- Natural History Museum hotels
- Spanish Riding School hotels
- Nationalbibliothek hotels
- Burggarten hotels
- Kunsthistorisches Museum hotels
- Josefsplatz hotels
- Liechtenstein Palace hotels