From the ruins of Vienna's city fortifications, which fell under Napoleon's power in 1809, arose one of the most prominent attractions in the Austrian capital. The Burggarten was constructed in the early 19th century and is noted for having been developed with the help of Kaiser Franz II, who was famous for his green thumb. Many different species of trees, flowers, and shrubs were introduced to the gardens, and eventually the area opened to the public in 1919. Today, it is an incredible bastion of tranquillity, refined landscaping, and lush natural beauty in the heart of bustling Vienna.
- Indulge in the aromatic brew of a fresh coffee at Vienna’s Palm House café, or Palmenhaus, before diving into the kaleidoscopic Burggarten butterfly house, home to many hundreds of exotic, free-flying butterfly species.
- Take a photographic tour of Vienna's celebrities, including an 18th century statue of Hercules fighting lions, a 1904 rendition of Emperor Franz-Joseph I, and the Burggarten's 1896 statue of Mozart.
- Venture a few steps across the street from Burggarten and find yourself surrounded by Greek and Roman antiquities, classical and romantic paintings, and sculptures at Vienna’s eminent museum of art history, the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
The Burggarten is located in downtown Vienna's Museum Quarter. The fastest way of getting around Vienna is via subway, and the closest station to the gardens is the Volkstheatre Station via the U2 or U3 line. Those taking the U2 line may also disembark at the Musemsquartier Station, which is the next stop to the east of the Volkstheatre Station. The Burggarten is located to the northeast, across Maria-Theresien Platz. Burgring Station is directly across from the gardens, and there are many buses that stop here, along with trams 1, 2, and D.
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Stefanie Hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThis metropolitan hotel in the 2nd District offers meeting room that can host... More
Great Hotel in Vienna
The Ring Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel offers quality accommodation and convenient facilities to make the guests feel comfortable. Some of the major city attractions include Danube Tower, Imperial... More
Proverbial Viennese charm and a tradition look certainly makes the Erzherzog Rainer the ideal place for an enjoyable holiday. GeneralFor business travellers, Erzherzog Rainer provides a excellent... More
Cordial hospitality and top quality services are offered to guests at Hotel Am Parkring Vienna. Along with its amenities, this hotel also offers personalised services and Southern hospitality.... More
Kaerntner Strasse 32-34 Map
Stay 2 nights & save 15%!
Tourists seeking to explore the vibrant Austria capital find ideal base at the comfortable accommodations of Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien. This Vienna hotel places holidaymakers within two... More
Explore the culture-rich and picturesque Austria capital with ease by booking a stay at the tastefully decorated and centrally situated accommodations of Pension Baronesse. This inviting Vienna... More
The City Central Hotel Vienna is probably all that a seasoned business or leisure traveller can want in a hotel. GeneralBehind the stylish facade, the properties lavish architecture will impress... More
Josefstaedter Strasse 22 Map
Get 10% off Non Refundable
Cordial Theater Hotel Vienna is 10 minutes walk to Vorbei Am Rathaus, Dem Parlament, Town Hall, Burgtheater and the Hofburg. The hotel offers quality accommodation and friendly services for its... More
The Grand Hotel Wien Vienna offers a living reminder of the majestic age of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, combined with truly luxurious accommodation for those who are accustomed to the very highest... More
Refine your search
- Hofburg Imperial Palace hotels
- Nationalbibliothek hotels
- Ringstrasse hotels
- Schatzkammer hotels
- Josefsplatz hotels
- Vienna State Opera hotels
- Sisi Museum hotels
- Kapuzinergruft hotels
- Spanish Riding School hotels
- Heldenplatz hotels
- Kunsthistorisches Museum hotels
- Maria Theresien Platz hotels