Old Town hotels
Old Town is a place of such unbelievable beauty that many visitors exclaim how lovely it looks when they first see it. Imagine an area with a picturesque castle, Hohensalzburg Castle on top of a mountain and a majestic square right in the middle of town. The castle happens to be one of the biggest medieval castles in Europe. For architectural history buffs, a walk through this compact town is a must. Furthermore, the opportunity to stop for some of Europe's best strudels, together with a cup of delicious coffee at Cafe Tomaselli in Salzburg will top off the day.
- Take a stroll along Getriedegasse, one of the busiest and oldest streets in Salzburg - drop over at house number 9 to check out the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and buy some puppets or Mozart items in this part of Old Town.
- Check out Salzburg Cathedral, a 17th century church where Mozart was baptised - the church has baroque style architecture.
- Go to Residenzplatz, a huge and majestic square to view the biggest fountain of baroque style in entire Europe - this exquisite fountain is believed to have been builtbetween1656 and1661.
If you arrived at W.A. Mozart Airport, take a bus or taxi to visit Old Town, located 3 kilometres away. Salzburg city is divided into two by Salzach River. The New Town is located on its right bank while the Old Town or "Altstadt" is situated on its left. If you have luggage with you, the best way to go there is by taxi. The ride from the airport is around 10 minutes. Another option is to take trolleybus 2 from the airport to New Town. Then, walk for 20 minutes, crossing the pedestrian bridge to reach "Altstadt".
The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which... More
Whether visiting Salzburg for a leisurely vacation or for a demanding corporate schedule, Am Neutor Hotel Salzburg Zentrum is the suitable place to stay. This hotel offers comfortable accommodation... More
Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services for an enjoyable vacation. This property is just a 5 minute walk from the festival palace and the cathedral. ... More
Recommended only for its location
Travellers can plan their stay at Castellani Parkhotel Salzburg during their visit to the Salzburg. The hotel offers modern facilities such as business centre, conference room and fitness centre... More
Getreidegasse 37 Map
Save 20% on your stay
Offering a good position, this property with comfortable accommodation and excellent services welcomes all types of holidaymakers for a pleasant and tranquil stay. GeneralGuests travelling on... More
Featuring comfortable accommodations and warm hospitality, Hotel Goldgasse makes for a convenient base for visitors looking to discover the vibrant city of Salzburg. Tourists at this modern hotel... More
Refine your search
- Mozart Geburtshaus hotels
- Salzburg Museum of Modern Art hotels
- Toy Museum hotels
- Franziskanerkirche hotels
- Getreidegasse hotels
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre hotels
- Mozarteum Salzburg hotels
- Großes Festspielhaus hotels
- Haus der Natur hotels
- Salzburg Cathedral hotels
- Residenzgalerie hotels
- Alter Markt Square hotels