What travelers to Mildura are saying
On a map, we admit that Mildura does look a bit like nothing in the middle of nowhere. But let’s be honest, a lot of Australia is a bit like that – we have more land than we know what to do with! Bearing this in mind, a visit to Mildura is a slice of true-blue country Australia, and the friendly locals won’t fail to leave you more than a little charmed.
The Murray Riveris in its element here, and around it Mildura has grown into an artsy, modern town with loads of fantastic restaurants and cafés. It is also home to some of the country’s leading wineries, including Trentham Estate, Oak Valley EstateandLindeman’s. Jump on one of the famous paddle steamers and explore this starkly red inland country town before jumping off to Broken Hillor Nichols Point for a daytrip.
MILDURA’S TOP 10
10. Trentham Estate Visit this winery for a tour, great views and, let’s be honest, a healthy taste or two.
5. The Murray River Winding its way through the region, it’s best to eat overlooking this mighty river or sit by it as the sun sets.
9. Mungo National Park You’ll need to set aside a day for this trip, but it will be totally worth it.
4. Old Mildura Homestead Immerse yourself in Chaffey history or just settle in for a BBQ.
8. Perry Sandhills They’re red, which in itself is pretty breathtaking.
3. Langtree Hall Museum Dates back to 1889. If you’re scared of dolls, try to not to look any of them in the eye…
7. Apex Park Claims to be Australia’s largest inland beach. Either way, it’s a great spot for swimming and peering at lifeguards from behind your sunnies.
2. Old Psyche Bend Pump Station This is where the irrigation was set up 120 years ago and it’s still used now!
6. Lock & Weir and Lock Island This man-made island is good for swimming, fishing and walking through the bush.
1. Mildura Arts Centre and Rio Vista You’ll find an art gallery, theatre and museum in one. Sweet deal!
January sees the Murray River International Music Festival swing into action with international guests as well as local acts.
March brings the newly founded Mildura Wentworth Arts Festival,featuring river parties and wine under the stars.
July plays host to the International Writer’s Festival, with special guests holding workshops across the city.
September sees the Mildura Palimpsest entertain the crowds with international artists coming into town to display their works.
October’s Mildura Jazz Food and Wine Festival sees the town’s premier venues playing host to concerts, tastings and entertainment. Catch loads of stalls and entertainment by the mighty Muzza.
WHEN TO GO
· For the most part, Mildura is nice and warm and quite dry. Winter and spring bring the most rainy days.
· Temperatures average 32°C (90°F) in summer and often climb past 40°C (104°F). Which is why so many people spend December to February in the Murray.
· June and July temperatures average around 15°C (59°F). Not so good for swimming, but perfect for fishing.
· A local bus service will connect you with smaller neighbouring towns.
· Most major tourist hot spots can be a good hour’s drive away, so consider hiring a car if you haven’t brought yours.
· The main part of town is nice and flat so if you’ve got some time to explore, hire a bike and take on the many trails along the river.
Kar-Rama Motor Inn welcomes travellers to comfortably appointed accommodations set within quick access to various recreation facilities in this regional city in Victoria. Holidaymakers at this... More
Family Weekend Getaway
The Boulevard offers a four star rating with comfort, style and service to match! Boasting a fantastic location at 385 Deakin Avenue, placing it on the main strip of Mildura! The central location... More
Comprising a wide array of exceptional amenities along with perfect accommodation as well as high standard service, the Econo Lodge Mildura is an ideal choice for business guests as well... More
Mercure Hotel Mildura has quality accommodation and offers friendly service for business and leisure travellers in Mildura. Murray River is within easy reach from this property that has a number of... More
If you are planning for a particular holiday at Mildura, then Best Western Early is the perfect place for you to reside. GeneralThe Inn offers a small conference and meeting room that can hold... More
Great stop over spot
Assuring quality amenities and exceptional service, the Quality Resort Inlander Mildura offers a home away from home experience. GeneralBusiness travellers can utilise the well-equipped meeting... More
Great stopover on the way to Adelaide
Whether in north western Victoria for business trips, weekend getaways or family vacations, travellers find an ideal base at Comfort Inn Deakin Palms Mildura. This value-for-money hotel in Mildura... More
A very comfortable stay.
Business and leisure travellers looking for a suitable base in Mildura can book a stay at BEST WESTERN Chaffey International Motor Inn Mildura. Guests at this property find comfortable... More
Offering relaxed, friendly and hospitable environment, the Quality Mildura Grand Hotel provides a range of exceptional services to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralOffering well-appointed... More