Horsham, Australia in the western section of Victoria is 300 kilometres away from Melbourne.
The town founded by two settlers in 1848 has a population of more than 14,000 and boasts a regional airport.
Tourist attractions in Horsham include sporting events and a wool factory where it is possible to buy quality woollen products and view the process; horse-racing enthusiasts can enjoy events at the Wimmera Racing Club, including the Horsham Cup meeting in October.
- Horsham Regional Art Gallery located in the 1930 Art Deco Building
- Aboriginal rock art sites at the Grampians National Park
- Horsham Botanical Gardens
- Enjoy rowing, kayaking and canoeing along the Wimmera River.
- Play a round of golf at Horsham Golf Club.
- Adrenaline junkies can go rock climbing at the Mount Arapiles-Tooan State Park
Getting There and Around
Horsham Airport provides regional and local air transportation. International visitors may need to fly into Melbourne International Airport and then take a connecting service provider to Horsham.
The Melbourne and Adelaide railway has a stop in Horsham. The Wimmera Roadways/ Horsham Bus Lines offer local transportation. The V/Line operates coach service to and from Horsham.
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!