Southport, the commercial centre for Gold Coast City, is home to most of the major businesses and shopping centres in this area. Many visitors are interested in the beautiful beaches of nearby Surfers Paradise, but one can enjoy plenty of water sports from the marinas on Broadwater and Nerang River. There are also scenic waterfront walkways following the pedestrians and cyclists and fishing piers. Whilst Southport is not a heavy tourist area, it is certainly tourist-friendly, with plenty of shopping, dining, and nightlife options for visitors to enjoy in a more relaxed, less crowded atmosphere.
- Watch birds and other wildlife, or go on a hike, or have a picnic, or enjoy open-air concerts or films or any of the Gold Coast annual festivities at the Southport Broadwater Parklands.
- Shop for fashion, jewellery, and liquor, or enjoy beauty treatments or massages, and have a bite to eat or watch a film at the Gold Coast Australia Fair, a giant shopping mall and entertainment complex.
- Enjoy exhilarating water rides, view huge aquarium exhibits, and watch Shamu and his aquatic friends perform at Southport Sea World.
Coolangatta Airport is 26 kilometres from Southport via the Gold Coast Highway, and airport transportation options include vehicles for hire and a shuttle bus. This is a small airport, so you may want to fly into Brisbane and hire a car or take the train to your final destination. Getting around by car is very easy, and parking is not hard to find. Some areas have metered parking, but you can find parking garages and lots that are cheaper. Southport has a public bus service as well, and it is a pedestrian and bike-friendly area.
Travellers will find suitable accommodations in an ideal location at the Aquarius Backpackers Gold Coast Hostel. With its close proximity to shopping, entertainment and dining options as well as... More
Arrival Accommodation Centre Hostel Gold Coast is a contemporary budget-friendly property suitable for vacationers looking for homey accommodations and convenient access to Surfers Paradise in Gold... More
Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Resort is a popular resort style accommodation choice for families, couples and groups residing on Australia's beautiful Gold Coast, offering guests a range of quality... More
Refine your search
- Seabreeze Sports hotels
- Mariner's Cove Marina hotels
- Sea World hotels
- King Tutts Putt Putt hotels
- Bungy Australia hotels
- Flycoaster hotels
- Infinity Gold Coast hotels
- Jet Boat Extreme hotels
- Riples Believe It Or Not! Museum hotels
- Hard Rock Cafe hotels
- Timezone Gold Coast hotels
- Wax Museum hotels