While the location is great, it is quite hard to spot from the road. The entrance and the sign... See full review
20 Jan 2010
Substandard Accommodation/3rd World!
Our group of 6 girls stayed in an 8 bed dorm on 31 Dec 2013. We have stayed in numerous hostels... See full review
21 Jan 2014
Welcome to the Nomads Esplanade Cairns where luxury, tranquility and fun make your stay a perfect holiday along with the most gracious and attentive service.
At leisure you can take a refreshing dip at the swimming pool to relax your mind and body or get connected to your loved ones through the internet facility. You can also entertain yourself at the games rooms playing billiards or table tennis.
Checkin time is 1pm or later. We have 24 hour reception, but if you are arriving after midnight, please call to reconfirm your booking. Also a key deposit of $20 must be paid at checkin. This will be returned when you are checkin out.
No parking provided, but there is street parking available.
Conveniently located on the Esplanade Street right on the waterfront, steps from shopping, restaurants and nightclubs, this elegant property is 7 kilometres from the International Airport.
We have free airport pickup...so if arriving from the airport, please ring us for the shuttle. 40 410378
7 km to the International Airport
Guests can please their taste buds with the delicacies of the nearby restaurants and later on unwind after a hectic day at the on-site Bar with their favorite drink.
The property comprises of 40 well equipped rooms where you will find all the necessary comforts irrespective of whether you are there on business or pleasure. Everything is done to give you a pleasant and restful night.
No children under 18 allowed in dorm accommodation. Children are allowed in private rooms under supervision of an adult. Children under 5 are free in private rooms. Extra person fee of $20 applies to children above 12. Children 5-12 are $10 if booked as an extra person.
Nomads Esplanade Cairns Rooms
6 Bed female Dorm
3 Bunk Beds
8 Bed Female Dorm
4 Bunk Beds
8 Bed Mixed Dorm
4 Bunk Beds
4 Bed Dorms
2 Bunk Beds
2 Bunk Bed
Double/ Twin Combi
Double Bunk Bed with Single
No smoking rooms/facilities
No smoking rooms/facilities
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Nomads Esplanade Cairns also booked these hotels.
Our group of 6 girls stayed in an 8 bed dorm on 31 Dec 2013. We have stayed in numerous hostels both internationally & nationally. This one takes the cake! We encountered the following:
CLEANLINESS: I can't comment on the kitchen (but on
appearance, it appeared very grotty). However, the room we were given was disgusting.
- The floors were disgusting. Under the beds were covered in dust & dirt along with various pieces of rubbish.
- The bins in the bedroom & bathroom hadn't been emptied for who knows how long. The guy on reception, claimed the rooms had been cleaned & proceeded to empty the bedroom bin.
- The surfaces were covered in dust & dirt.
- There was left over products ie shampoo, soap etc in the shower. Not to mention hair, mould etc
- There was also urine on the toilet seat.
- There was a large louvre missing from the only window.
- The furniture was falling apart, with at least one cupboard door just placed inside the unit.
- The airconditioner had what appeared to be faulty wiring with duct tape covering it. The airconditioner was coin operated, which did not work to start with. We were advised it would be complimentary after 8pm. When this did not take place, we were told it would be 9pm. Upon arriving back to the room at 1.30am, it still was only operational via coin deposit. We were not going to set our alarms hourly to keep the airconditioner running! With the missing louvre, it almost defeated the purpose anyway. This was in the middle of summer!
SECURITY: They sleep in the dorms like the guests do. If there's an issue, the after hours number doesn't get answered. We were lucky 2 other guests knew which room the security guy was in (asleep).
On a side note, their website for Nomads esplanade, is very misleading. If you look at the photo gallery, it shows a swimming pool. This place does not have a swimming pool. It shows lovely clean rooms, not so. It says the rooms are airconditioned, but there is no mention that it is coin operated!
The Hostel refuses to refund our money.
DO NOT STAY HERE! The photos are not indicative of the establishment. There are other better hostels in Cairns!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Review of Nomads Esplanade Cairns
20 Jan 2010
While the location is great, it
While the location is great, it is quite hard to spot from the road. The entrance and the sign advertising Nomads is obscured from view by the awning for the restuarant next door. Walking along the pavement it's easy to spot.
As part of the
booking, an entree sized meal is included, however, since the kitchen is closed you are now provided with a breakfast of tea/coffee, toast and cereal. As my plans had involved dinner at Nomads and not breakfast, I was eventually provided with a $5 refund in lieu.
This process was frustrating and required a great deal of 'negotiation'.
I was very pleased with the rest of the acommodation provided.