Port Macquarie hotels
Playful Port Macquarie
The iconic seaside town of Port Macquarie continually reels in visitors to its pretty beaches, laid-back lifestyle and perfect weather. Why? Where should we – and you – start…?
The beach is probably the best place. Visit Town Beach for crowds and beachy buzz, Oxley Beach for shady, picnic-perfect spots and Rainbow Beach for a dog-friendly stretch of white sand. Once you’re tanned and terrific, you should check out some history. Head to the Mid North Coast Maritime Museum for over 100 years worth of maritime history and Lake Innes to investigate the ruins of Major Archibald Clunes Innes’ home from the 1800s. Lastly, don’t forget to check out theKoala Hospital. Not nearly as depressing as it sounds, this place is ideal for learning about our native cuddly cuties.
PORT MACQUARIE TOP 10
10. Billabong Koala and Wildlife Park Snuggle up to a chubby koala as you watch the wallabies hop and the wombats plod.
5. Douglas Vale Homestead and Vineyard This 19th century property is home to some of the best wine in town. Bring a designated driver.
9. Tacking Point Lighthouse Built in 1879, this spot is classified by the National Trust and has a rockin’ view to boot.
4. Historical Society Museum Explore the region’s history, from its start as a penal settlement in 1821 to the awesome place it is today.
8. Regional Gallery @ The Glasshouse Arty-farty types will love the huge range of art and world-class exhibitions at this gallery.
3. Sea Acres Nature Reserve and Rainforest Centre Explore nature’s best and most lavish with a cruise along the 1.3km (0.8mi) boardwalk.
7. Lighthouse Beach This stretch of sand and sea is divine. You’ll have no issues spending the entire day here. Seriously.
2. CBD You’ll find a stack of restaurants and small boutiques to explore. Bring plenty of $$$.
6. Timbertown Step back in time with a carriage ride and a look at how the timber craftsmen got down to business in the 1800s.
1. Flynns Beach The most popular beach in Port M is big, bright and packed.
PORT MACQUARIE EVENTS
If you’re a ’40s and ’50s fanatic, you can’t miss the retro coolness of the Wintersun Festival in June.
Up for watching the best surfers in the country hash it out? The Australian Surf Festival in August features the hottest surfers from all over Oz.
Food and wine? Heck yeah! You’ll find everything food and wine (and more) at Tastings of the Hastings every October.
If you like some good ol’ Aussie rock under the best sun in Oz, head to the Festival of the Sun in December.
WHEN TO GO
- Not surprisingly, summer is one of the best times to visit Port Macquarie. The sun is at its peak (30°C+(86°F+)), the beaches are at their prettiest and there are heaps of people about.
- If you want the sun and beaches without the crowds, spring is a better time to visit.
Visit our partner page Port Macquarie hotels by Hotel.com
- Busways buses are a great way to move around. There are stacks of routes and the fares are pretty cheap (especially for the oldies).
- Found yourself in a post-party pickle at 3 a.m.? Call the Port Macquarie Taxi Service on (02) 6581 0081 for the best way to get home in the wee hours.
- Because the CBD is so compact, it’s easily walkable. Soak up the sun while you explore!
Rydges Port Macquarie is a charming and friendly hotel that offers unsurpassed service and comfortable accommodation to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralThe hotel offers a versatile range of... More
Relaxing two days
Plan your stay at the Mercure Centro Hotel Port Macquarie, which has excellent accommodations, prime location and is a gateway to whale watching and dolphin cruises and scenic tours offered at the... More
Explore this heritage-rich and scenic New South Wales town and stay in any of the tasteful and well-equipped accommodations of Aston Hill Motor Lodge, set in a quiet residential area yet within... More
Spacious, warm, Large, comfortable
Northpoint's quiet CBD location is surrounded by the unique vibrancy and atmosphere of Port Macquarie's cosmopolitan holiday lifestyle. Our spacious 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments have open plan... More
Relaxing Family Getaway
48 Pacific Drive Map
Book 120 Days In Advance, Stay 6 Nights & Save 26%
Beachside Holiday Apartments welcomes travellers with posh self-catering accommodations set conveniently close to local attractions in this coastal city in New South Wales. Vacationers staying at... More
With comfortable accommodations and accessible location, Excelsior Motor Inn makes for a suitable base for travellers while in this part of New South Wales. From this budget motel in Port... More
It's a motel
Featuring deluxe spaces tucked in verdant surroundings and situated close to the beach, Flynns on Surf makes for a suitable base for discerning travellers looking to enjoy a city break in Port... More
Wish we stayed more than 1 night
Sails Resort Port Macquarie By Rydges is a waterfront hotel that offers travellers spacious accommodations set near entertainment venues in Port Macquarie. Guests at this resort hotel go sunbathing... More
Country Comfort Port Macquarie provides quality accommodation and friendly services for travellers in Port Macquarie close to city attractions such as Mid North Coast Maritime Museum and St Thomas... More
Great middle of everywhere location