Salta - Argentina
Salta, the capital city, of the picturesque province of Salta, is situated in the Lerma Valley of Argentina.Nestled at the foothills of the Andes, visitors will delight in all that there is to see and do in Salta, whether taking in the architectural history of Cabildo or enjoying a thrilling raft trip down the Juramento River.
Alberdi, Florida and Caseros are three pedestrian streets and nightlife on Balcarce Street’s pubs, cafés and restaurants sizzles with concerts every night.
- The neoclassical Cathedral in the city’s centre.
- Tren a las Nubes (Train to the clouds).
- The Museum of High Mountain Archaeology, displays artefacts from the Inca civilization.
- Ride a cable car to the top of San Bernardo Hill.
- Enjoy a mountain climbing trek up Golgota Hill.
- Take in regional art exhibits at Pajcha.
Getting there and around
Most tourists coming to Salta will arrive at the Salta Airport. There are also bus connections with all of the nearby major cities.
Travellers will find that there are multiple taxi and bus options available to explore Salta. And walking is a great way to enjoy the sights.
- Buenos Aires hotels (175 hotels)
- Puerto Iguazu hotels (11 hotels)
- Cordoba hotels (9 hotels)
- El Calafate hotels (22 hotels)
- Mendoza hotels (17 hotels)
- San Carlos De Bariloche hotels (21 hotels)
- Vistalba hotels (1 hotel)
- San Martin De Los Andes hotels (2 hotels)
- Puerto Madryn hotels (2 hotels)
- Rosario hotels (8 hotels)
4 hotels in Salta
Design Suites Salta Hotel is a lavish haven that features top-of-the-line facilities and plush accommodations for discerning travellers visiting this part of Argentina. Surrounded by learning... More
Offering deluxe accommodations conveniently positioned in the heart of Salta, Casa Real Hotel makes for an ideal base for business and leisure travellers exploring this side of Argentina. From this... More
The Hotel Posada del Sol is one of the pioneers in Salta, having gustp d erecibir tourists who come to enjoy the city more than 40 years. We have completely remodeled to continue to meet the... More