Australia & NZ
Best Family Holiday Destinations in Australia
With the Australian school holidays coming around four times a year, it can be easy to fall into the trap of always going back to the same trusted holiday destination, maybe this year its time for something new? That’s why we have put together this infographic to demonstrate just how many amazing destinations there are to choose from in Australia that are fun for the whole family.
Some of the best destinations for the family we have selected include :-
- Best Wildlife Spotting Destination – Kangaroo Island, SA
- Best Island Holiday Destination – Daydream Island, QLD
- Best Theme Park Action Holiday Destination – Gold Coast, QLD
- Best Beach Holiday Destination – Broome, WA
If you can’t get away for more than a weekend, we’ve also listed a number of places to getaway from the city in less than a three hour drive. Hint: Check out YTravelblog’s 25 Tips for Travel With Kids before you go, it’s well worth the read and will save you a lot of headaches.
And if you can’t even get away for a weekend, then we compiled a list of school holiday activities the kids will love in their own cities too.
Check out the infographic below for more information (click on the infographic to have the full-screen version):
Like this infographic? Embed it in your website by copying the HTML below:
If you’re not so much interested in the destination as you are in finding a great family friendly hotel, then we have compiled a list of those for you too:
2.Ashmore Palms Holiday Village – has an excellent children’s playground and you’ll often find face painting, games with Macca Macaw as well as sand art in the village.
3.Reflection On The Sea Coolangatta – Offers a baby sitting service and children’s swimming pool.
4.Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas – has a kids club, children’s swimming pool and self contained apartments.
5.Rydges Esplanade Resort – offer a “kid’s stay and eat free” policy and a fabulous children’s pool.
6.Leisure Inn Spires Blue Mountains – Offers self-contained apartments set in three acres of landscaped ground and gardens.
7.Seashells Resort Broome – has a great children paddling pool and play area.
Looking for something to do with the kids in the big smoke? Here are a list of fun school holiday programs on offer:
- $ Hula Hoop Dance Clas
- $ Enjoy a NSW National Park Kids Activity
- $ Sydney Observatory – 3-D Space Theatre and Telescope Tour
- $$$ AFTRS Open Film Making Courses
- $$$ Video Game Design for Kids
- $$$ Scuba Diving for Kids
- $$$ Kids Sport and Recreation Camp
- $$$ Football Camp
- $$$ Holiday Rock Skool
- $$$ KAOS – The Kids Academy of Surf
- $ Art Play School Programs
- $ Free Junior Basketball Clinic
- $ Roola Boola – Puppetry, circus, music and drama
- $$ Soccerwise School Holiday Programs
- $$-$$ Buzz Movie Making Courses
- $$$ ACMI – Star in your own video game
- $$$ Bop til you Drop – Dancing, Singing, Drama
- $$$ The Shed Skatepark – skate camp
- $$$ Melbourne Zoo – Kids Go Wild holiday program
- $$$ Planet Sport Holiday Camp – all kinds of sport activities.
Do you have some good tips to share about family friendly holiday? Did we miss any Aussie destinations where families have a great time together?