Best Beaches in Cyprus This Summer
Cyprus, the Island of Love or Aphrodite, is the perfect romantic getaway. The beaches, saturated with warm sunlight and calm lapping waves, are the best antidote to a hectic working schedule. If you’re planning a visit, here’s a handy list to keep in mind.
1) Petra Tou Romiou – Speaking of the goddess of beauty, surely you want to check out her birthplace. Traditionally, Aphrodite arose out of the sea from this beach. It makes sense: golden sand, mild waters, and picturesque rocks in this horseshoe-shaped beach frame clear blue waters. This beach can be a little crowded, but for a picture-perfect postcard view, Petra Tou Romiou is the plac.
(image by yasooyamoo)
2) Nissi – Great cafes, pubs, and water sports make Nissi beach the location for the party-loving beach-goer. Nissi beach is one of the best “social” beaches on Cyprus, with soft sand and a long coastline. A tiny island about 100m from the shore is a popular swimming destination.
(Image by softius)
3) Lara Bay – If you’d rather spend time on a secluded beach, check out Lara Bay. Some of the most stunning, secluded beaches are on the west coast of Cyprus, and Lara Bay, where sea turtles lay their eggs in the spring, is a premier spot.
(image by amaidment)
4) Limassol – The beaches of Limassol, including Pissouri Beach and Governor’s Beach, are lovely for small children to play on. They are rarely overcrowded, and the waters are calm, shallow and smooth. Limassol is also renowned for its restaurants and you can dine on traditional Cypriot food while you watch the surf go in and out.
(Image by mamchenkov)
5) Escape – The aptly named Escape Beach is the best resort beach on the island. There is a small fee to get in, but once you’re there, you can enjoy drinks, live music, volleyball courts and outdoor dance floors. If you’d like a beach you can spend all day and night anchored to, Escape Beach might be your ideal Cyprus spot.
(Image via escapebeachclub.com)