York Family Friendly Hotels
Guests at the family hotels in York can look forward to lots of healthy exercise whilst exploring this fascinating city. There are many interesting and sometimes gruesome reminders of the city’s frequently bloody history. Most of the attractions are well within walking distance of the city centre, where family hotels such as the Royal York Hotel and the Best Western Monk Bar Hotel can be found. ... Read more »
Top 5 Family Attractions in York
- Take your own personal media guided tour and circumnavigate the city by walking along the city walls while learning about York’s varied history.
- Get an idea of the lives of some past residents of York and view real treasures at the excellent Jorvik Viking Centre (arrive early, as it gets very busy).
- York Minster will delight the whole family with its stained-glass windows, intriguing historical artefacts and beautiful gardens.
- Step back in time for a bygone shopping experience when you visit The Shambles.
- York has loads of museums to keep the family entertained; York Museum has picnic areas and scenic walkways to enhance the visitor experience.
Yorkshire sausages are a one-of-a-kind dining experience, but there are plenty of family-oriented restaurants offering all the favourites of European cuisine.
Family Dining in York
- Mamma Mia Ristorante
- Melton’s Restaurant
- Grays Court
- Mason’ s Bar and Bistro
- Triton’s Fish& Chips
- Betty’s Cafe and Tea Rooms
Try these venues, all located near the family guesthouses in York:
Your family will be sad to leave its cosy family hotel In York.« Hide