Leigh, United Kingdom
Located in Greater Manchester, England, Leigh is a town within the metropolitan borough of Wigan. This town to the northwest of Chat Moss was originally the centre of a large ecclesiastical parish. ... Read more »
- Astley Green Colliery Museum
- Brass Band Archive in Wigan
- Gala Bingo Wigan Robin Park
- Drive or participate in competitions and team challenges at Wigan Indoor Karting
- Be a part of karaoke and themed dance nights at Jumpin Jaks in Wigan
- Participate in canal cruises available from Kittywake Canal Cruises
The annual chance of sunshine in Leigh is approximately 61 percent. Most of the months have at least 10 or more cloudier days, except July and August. The average annual precipitation is 28.8 inches. While July experiences the highest temperature of 86.1°F, January experiences lows of 8°F.
Getting There & Around
Several popular airlines like British Airways, American Airlines and BMI fly into airports that serve Leigh, which lies 164 miles from Heathrow Airport and 189 miles from Gatwick Airport. The other airports close to Leigh are London City Airport, Stansted Airport and Luton Airport.
Transport services available within Greater Manchester are buses, trains and the Metrolink. Train services are provided by private operators. Information pertaining to train timetables and journeys can be found with North West Journey Planner. Metrolink connects places within Greater Manchester and is one of the most successful light rail systems in the UK.« Hide