Chichester, United Kingdom
The city of Chichester is found near the southern coast of the United Kingdom and is part of the historic county of Sussex. Chichester is primarily known as a cathedral city, and many of the oldest churches in England can be found within this town. With its many festivals and art galleries, Chichester is a centre of culture in the region. ... Read more »
- Chichester Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity
- St Richards Roman Catholic Church
- South Downs Planetarium and Science Centre
- Catch a play at the historic Chichester Festival Theatre
- See the amazing collection of British modern art at the Pallant House Gallery
- Enjoy the music and art at the I Am Joy Arts Festival in August
Like most of England, Chichester has ever-changing weather. From December through February, Chichester sees average highs of 8°C and lows of 4°C, and the weather can be very rainy. The summer months are nicer with highs of 22°C and lows of 14°C.
Getting There & Around
The Chichester/Goodwood Airport can be found in the north and provides domestic flights around the United Kingdom. The nearest major airport is Gatwick Airport in London, which can easily be reached by train.
Chichester can be navigated by bus, but many people choose to use the long-distance routes that have been established for walkers and those on bicycles.« Hide