The Aegean coast of Turkey contains some of the most attractive resort destinations in all of Europe, or Eurasia for that matter. A small slice of the vast Turquoise Coast, or Turkish Riviera, Aegean Turkey offers remarkable panoramas, Byzantine architecture and of course, plenty of sun and sand to enjoy. Kusadasi is one of the premier resort towns in the region, with a sizable population of 65,000 people that explodes in the hectic tourist season. ... Read more »
With a history that dates back to 3,000 BC, Kusadasi is a valuable holiday destination for much more than just aqua parks and beach clubs. While one could in theory spend all day at the beach and bask under the hot sun, fine points of interest such as the old city walls, Kadikalesi Castle and Guvercin Ada peninsula provide Kusadasi with a lot of appeal. Day trips to Izmir, Dilek Peninsula National Park and Kirazli are worthwhile.
- Pamukkale – Although the name means 'Cotton Castle', this is a hot spring that has been around for thousands of years. You can bathe in the pools or simply enjoy the sights.
- Priene – An ancient city that contains the well-preserved Temple of Athena, excavated homes and an old gymnasium.
- Ephesus Sightseeing Tour – Explore this ancient city with other tourists, including a visit to the Fountains of Trojan and the Temples of Hadrian.
- Miletus – An ancient Greek city that features an arena, Roman baths, a mosque and other temples.
- Fortress of Kusadasi – A small 14th-century fort offering great views and photo opportunities.
Kusadasi Art & Culture
- Bizim Meyhane – A local bar that may be run out of a barn with live music by local artists as well as singing and dancing.
- Belediye Hamami – This 600-year-old restored hamam is now a mixed bathing house.
- Gold Pigeon Music Festival – An annual music festival, usually held during the last week of June, that attracts professional and amateur musicians from all around Turkey.
- Camel Wrestling Festival – Held in Selcuk, this yearly festival is held in January and features locals wrestling camels.
- Feast of Assumption – A Catholic feast held yearly in August at the House of Virgin Mary.
- Kusadasi Market – An outdoor market that includes a Grand Bazaar and great bargains from local sellers.
- Wednesday Market – A weekly market open only on Wednesdays, where you can purchase clothing and assorted textiles.
- Selcuk Market – Open on Saturdays, this market is a popular tourist draw because you can get good deals without haggling.
- Downtown Kusadasi – Contains a variety of shops that sell designer items, fake and real, such as handbags, belts and watches.
- Old Village of Sirince – You will find several small shops selling handmade jewellery and other handicrafts.
Kusadasi Gay & Lesbian
- Taps – A British-style pub that attracts many in the Turkish gay community.
- Tattoo Bar – A gay- and lesbian-friendly bar featuring interesting drinks and dancing.
- Fistik Bar – A popular gay-friendly bar with a cosmopolitan atmosphere.
- Dejazar Bistro & Wine Bar – A reasonably priced restaurant that contains a disco bar with karaoke. Welcomes members from the GLBT community.
- Kustur Gay Beach – A place where gays and lesbians go to socialize or enjoy sunbathing and swimming.
- Necco – By day, this is a beach club. However, it turns into a great little restaurant when night falls.
- Kusadasi Fortress – A small stone fortress that is a great place to stroll around with family.
- Adaland – Sitting on the side of a mountain, hike up to the top for a fantastic water ride to the bottom.
- Aqua Fantasy Land – An outdoor water park with lots of fun rides for everyone in the family.
- Dilek National Park – A great place to have a picnic or simply walk along the nearby beach.
- Take a swim at Long Beach.
- Go water skiing at Kadinlar Denizi Beach of Kusadasi.
- Enjoy a day of paddle boating at Ladies Beach.
- Enjoy scuba diving at the Galathee Diving Centre.
- Take a hike on the Dilek Peninsula.
- Kadikalesi Castle
- Dilek Peninsula National Park
- Kaleiçi Camii
- Gold Pigeon Music Festival
- International Izmir Festival
- Water Sports
- Aqua Parks
- Beach Clubs
- Tarihi Çinar Balik
- Havana Disco
- Kustur Club
- Ecstasy Bar
Kusadasi has a beautiful Mediterranean climate, with mild to hot weather throughout the year.
- Winter (December to February) 5-15°C
- Spring (March to May) 7-25°C
- Summer (June to September) 19-33°C
- Fall (October to November) 10-26°C