Interlaken Family Friendly Hotels
Interlaken, in the Bernese Oberland region of Switzerland, really is a wonderful destination for families who will enjoy exploring the mountainous areas of the country. With the famous peaks of the Eiger, Jungfrau and Mönch standing by, many holidaymakers find the views and activities in the region alluring. Family hotels in Interlaken mean that everyone, whatever age, is sure to enjoy the area. ... Read more »
Top 5 Five Family Activities in Interlaken
Many of the pleasures to be had from family hotels in Interlaken involve getting out of town, while being sure of a friendly welcome in the evening.
- Take the rack railway to Schilthorn and the cableway to Piz Glora.
- Visit the alpine wild animal park near the station in Harder Kulm.
- Ride the funicular to Heimwehfluh and take in the model railway display.
- Float by boat through the St Beatus Caves, known for its stalagmites.
- Enjoy a steamboat ride on the lake and return for dinner at the Mattenhof Resort Interlaken.
Interlaken is extremely well positioned for lakes and mountains, and when it comes to dining, there are family restaurants available offering a choice of menus.
Family Restaurants in Interlaken
- Goldener Anker
- Pizzeria Horn
- La Terrasse
Interlaken is, in many ways, ideal when it comes to getting out and experiencing the Swiss alpine countryside in a family-friendly way. Mountain trains and lake boats are a great way to spend the day before returning to the friendly hotels in Interlaken.« Hide