- Fort Walls - A fortress built by the British in 1873. You can walk the entire circuit in about one to two hours.
- Dutch Reformed Church - Built in 1640, the floor of the church is paved in gravestones that come from an old Dutch cemetery.
- Old Town Galle - Marked as a World Heritage Site, you can view ramparts, fortifications and a lighthouse.
- Cathedral of St Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary - A church built by the Society of Jesus in 1874.
- Amangalla Luxury Hotel - This is a fivestar Galle hotel, parts of which were built in 1684. It was previously known as the New Oriental Hotel.
Galle Art & Culture ... Read more »
- National Museum - It includes information on lace making, a few traditional masks and some religious items on display.
- National Maritime Archaeology Museum - Built in 1711 by the Dutch, this museum contains coral beds, deep-sea fish and information on different fishing methods.
- South Ceylon Industrial Agency and Handicraft Factories - You can watch local craftsmen and women make a variety of handcrafted Galle goods.
- Exotic Roots - A local French artist named Catherine makes colourful home decorations with her daughter.
- Ariyapala Mask Museum - Watch the mask-making process from start to finish. Also features an educational tour focused on the significance of the masks in Sri Lankan culture.
- Ibrahim Jewellery - A place where you can get high-quality jewellery.
- Suthuvili Gallery - An interesting place that sells elaborate polychromatic masks.
- Shoba Display Gallery - The base for Power of Hands Foundation that teaches local women about dying crafts.
- Historical Mansion - Contains a private collection that includes colonial Galle artefacts and jewellery. Most items are for sale.
- Elephant Walk - A local arcade that sells a variety of unique curio items and English books.
Gay & Lesbian Galle
- Companions on a Journey - A GLBT organization that focuses on fighting for the rights of gay individuals in Galle.
- Andrees Tours - A gay- and lesbian-friendly tour operator that organizes tours around Sri Lanka.
- Brief - The private garden of Bevis Baca that features interestingly provocative sculptures and a large collection of paintings and photographs. Adults only.
- Sri Lanka Trekking Nature Holidays - A GLBT-friendly Galle tour organization that focuses on outdoor excursions.
- Lush - A disco located in Colombo that is popular with the local gay and lesbian community.
- Juliet Coombe - Local celebrities will take you on a tour of Galle.
- Adventure Asia International - Specializes in hot-air balloon rides over the area.
- Blue Deep Dive Centre - Spend the day exploring underwater. It also gives diving lessons.
- Sinharaja Forest Reserve - A nature preserve containing unspoiled forest and a variety of birds.
- Coral Sanctuary - Take a trip in a glass-bottom boat to see the coral in the local water.
- Watch the Galle Cricket Club play at the Galle International Stadium.
- Go golfing at the Royal Colombo Golf Club.
- Work on your game at the Yoga Jeewaprabha sports clinic.
- Go water skiing on the Indian Ocean.
- Go surfing on the Indian Ocean.